HWBOT Community Forums

AS SSD2.0 with Optane SSD and Windows 7

bl4ckdot

Hello everyone, 

Since AS SSD 2.0 is not hidden anymore, the issue that was happening before is still relevant and possible.

Basically running a P5800x / P5810x on Windows 7 with Intel drivers has a very high chance 100% chance of bugging out the 4K-64 Read, which results in some unrealistic scores. 

You can reruns it a shit load of times, and I assure you, you will get score bigger than 40k.

Edit : I misremembered. You can "bug" out the benchmark without any rerun from a coldboot, and drivers version doesn't matter.

What I would like to enforce is a cleanup of Optane score used on W7 and a rule that forbid w7 and its server counterpart.

Let's discuss this, thank you

Edited by bl4ckdot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I agree, this should be limited to 8/8.1 and up (if it's not bugged out), a bit like the "WINDOWS 8/8.1/10 RESTRICTIONS" from the general rules which prohibit using pre-skylake HW on 8/8.1/10 if it's not valided by custom validation tools/benchmate.

For reminder : on pre-skylake HW the BCLK might affect how the RTC is generated and so the calculated taken time to finish the benchmark resulting in an invalid result, more info here General Rules (hwbot.org)

On 2/5/2024 at 2:08 AM, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

W7 no need, W11 enough for the 🏆

20731.thumb.PNG.e9d89b3ceb2658e230c8cac3f684a151.PNG

Yeah I didnt bothered updated the main post, the "tweak" makes the benchmark bug in all OS. 

Changing the AS SSD from realtime to any other values will result in some funky scores. 

Also changing the focus of the bench window will make a big boost in score. 

Anyway, this bench is long gone now, we can close this thread I think