HWBOT Community Forums

stummerwinter - GeForce GTX 580 @ 1650/1375MHz - 188574 marks 3DMark03

der8auer

There is so much that can go wrong and then you're not able to do it. we had one card that only did it 2/4 times due to not perfect pot mount or an early little crack. if something goes wrong 1400 or even 1300 will not run and you can remount instantly. also in optimum case you need to get 1600 within the first hour and then maybe you can run another 1 or 2 hours. it seems impossible to me to bench this card more than 3 or 4 hours at it's absolut limit.

also you will have "cold slow" in 2D which people may think it crashes - but you just need to be patient and it will only slow down in 2D but not 3D...force 3D mode always is important...1.6V most of the time...a lot things...

and I'm only talking about certain benches as 03 - it doesn't necessarily means it will do 1500 in unigine also then...there is quite a remarkable difference in other benches.

Edited by SoF

You should beg stuwi for that - he is the master of matrix :D I think 2/3 cards we tested under ln2 did 1625 03 - one straight out of the box, no pretesting on air straight under ln2 with just the ocp silverpen ocp mod and vmod iirc...

Edited by SoF

i never tried matrix under LN2 but i think matrix and lightning are easy to clock if u have good thermal paste, the new VGAs for Xtreme OC are not fun, Hipro5 mods FTW, old days :S

Hack firmware start vgpu 1.50 vpll 1.30 and 1.90 vmem is good for a lot of cards i think + OCP and PWM mod(short the points) use the +- on the card and go to over +1.65 (easy and best way)

mod OCP+ PWM + Mem (just short points) use GPUtweak special version

for them all u need MSI XE if u want go over 1600MHz core(easier i think)

Edited by Hiwa

Argh, my german record...

Anyway nice score Boris, hope you guys had a lot of fun!

Matrix FTW!

Tutorial will go like this: Connect the Points for OCP Mod -> Flash the Firmware -> Isolate the card -> Use Gelid GC-Extreme -> Mount Pot -> keep pushing it!

_

Christian

Edited by Kovsk

Argh, my german record...

Anyway nice score Boris, hope you guys had a lot of fun!

Matrix FTW!

Tutorial will go like this: Connect the Points for OCP Mod -> Flash the Firmware -> Isolate the card -> Use Gelid GC-Extreme -> Mount Pot -> keep pushing it!

if i am nor wrong u have to flash firmware at -50 :D

Nope ;)

You can flash the FW with air, only after a reboot the higher voltage will be applied. But it is also no problem to flash back the FW on air. Boris and i tested it :D And the card is still alive...maybe not anymore but after the flash back everything was okay ;)

_

Christian

Edited by Kovsk

the flash gives you ~1.45 iirc and no boom idle - voltage applied after restart ;) as every cpu can take it under air, I guess it is no problem with good temps for a gpu either - just make sure vrm and everything is not getting hot in any way and you are safe in 2D imo...

we ran 1.27V on air in tri-way 3DM11 as we didn't realized the matrix hw-side mechanics gave us a decent base already and we could add another bit via nvinspector :D

1.2-1.23V is enough for maxing them on air most of the time imo...more doesn't yield in better results as they just get hotter...specially in multi-gpu...

Edited by SoF