HWBOT Community Forums

OptyTrooper - SDR SDRAM @ 195.1MHz - 195.1 MHz Memory Clock

TerraRaptor

No prejudice involved. Your ram speed may indeed be valid, but without any verification other than basically your word, the submission is unacceptable. Everybody else has to have proof, so do you.

I'll check out your claim later. I do have a 1.4 Tualatin or two that will go.;)

@Massman, not same divder

The problem isnt cpuz version but cpuz itself. As far as I remember right cpuz doesnt report memory clock if divider is else than 1:1.

SetFSB does report it right though. Had the same problem with all my i815 motherboards.

Edited by Christian Ney

Your excuse doesn't even make any sense. Why would you run a divider on a ram clock contest? The object of a divider is to keep the ram in check while running a higher FSB, thus lowering the ram speed. If anything you should be running the 133's, just to keep the PCI bus closer to normal.

Who do you think you're trying to BS Austin, some noob?

I've already heard and seen enough. Bottom line is you have no CPU-Z validation and the rules state that you need one.

It's up to the staff. If this sub stays, you can bet I'll submit without a CPU-Z validation also. That's a fact.

Not like it would do you any good..;)

BTW I have a CPU-Z validation it just shows freq. unknown that's why i included SetFSB in the screenshot. To my way of thinking this is not different than using say ATI Tool to show GPU speeds when GPUZ does not pick it up. Which is acceptable and within the rules for 3D benches.

Edited by OptyTrooper

All boards on i815 do not show mem frequency if using devider different to 100:100 or 133:133 - no matter if you use Tuwee or Coppermine. However setfsb detects memory frequency correctly.

However, Opty, try to find 133MHz coppermine like 733/800/866 - all of them are able to reach 200 FSB.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything and I completely realize it matches, still no valid CPUz. You and I both were unable to submit Socket 7 scores on the P5A-B because of CPUz bugs with that board during the K6 stage of the November OC Challenge. Those submissions were deemed illegal despite all the proof you provided here. I want to make some subs without CPUz valids so I need to know if this is legal or not.