HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Translation Instructions

As some of you have noticed, we have implented the HWBOT internationalization features this morning. This means that, if you have selected a non-English language in your profile AND the translation is available, you will enjoy the wonders of the HWBOT site in your native language.

Now, for the translations we hope that people from the community are interested in doing the work. This because a lot of the keywords are very community-specific and it would take months to explain this to a 'normal' (you can't be normal if you don't know OC!) person. So, in attachment you can find the translation files.

There are two files: one gigantic and a small one. The giga-file is the one with all the translations prior to the Rev3.5 release, the small file is the one post the Rev3.5 release.

So, if you interested in translating HWBOT, just open the files and start translating. If you have done a part, just copy/paste it in the forum thread that corresponds with your language (create a new one if it doesn't exist yet). If you have seen mistakes, let us know the correction and we'll update it as soon as possible.

I will attach the files of the languages that have already been translated (partially) in the first post of the forum thread as well.

SMALL GUIDE

In attachment you can find the strings that need to be translated. The objective is to translate the sentences after the string=, for instance:

this_is.an.example.title=To je primer

Also note:

- if 'title' is in the string, it means that the first letter must be a capital letter

- text like {0} and {1} is used when the sentence has a variable in it, for instance team name or amount of points

Try to be as close to the english message as possible, however don't be scared to change the sentence to make it sound/look better. What's important is that people who don't know English can also understand HWBOT :).

update 31 March:

I've uploaded new translations files, the content is the same but the character encoding is now properly UTF8. Please check the "on ascii check" line, the characters should display exactly the following in your editor:

# on ascii check: ’ ©˙øµ˜µπ

• Crew

I've got some lines looking buged, for example:

textbug.png

Is this normal or it's a bug? Looks like the symbols like ` ' " and so on are looking weird. The text is fine though.

There's not much of them in the text but this makes understanding a bit longer.

• Crew

Oh, this one looks better! :) I checked both the wordpad and word, the result was the same as on the screen above. Thank you for your answer :)

Opened in winword - everything's fine now! Am I correct thinking that the new full text pack (64.1Kb) includes the 3.6 text lines? Or I need all of them?

Edited by Antinomy

Oh, this one looks better! :) I checked both the wordpad and word, the result was the same as on the screen above. Thank you for your answer :)

Opened in winword - everything's fine now! Am I correct thinking that the new full text pack (64.1Kb) includes the 3.6 text lines? Or I need all of them?

You need all of them, they are incremental. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...