HWBOT Community Forums

Wizerty RAM pot V2 (single side)

Wizerty

Hi,

Some month ago I made a new ram pot for RAW MHZ (single side mem).

Easy mount, fast and without TIM between pot and heatspreader :D

It's 100% home made (idea, drawing, machining, testing..). Feel free to use this drawing on your own, but please "no commercial sell" with my drawing.

Red part = mem slot / green = PCB / Black = IC / Blue part = Pot + HS / Grey = mounting plate

file.php?id=1238

file.php?id=1237

file.php?id=1240

Action :

I have tested only 6 different stick (3kit) since I have it

- Corsair KIT#1, best stick -> 2157Mhz on M6I ( a friend kill it some month after this screen :( )

m49z.png

- Kingston best stick -> 2080Mhz on M6I (reviews on cold http://www.cowcotland.com/articles/1581/wizerty-oc-memoire-kingston-hyperx-predator-2800-c12.html )

027_.jpg

- New Corsair KIT#2, best stick -> 2155Mhz on z97x soc force LN2

link will be update

ury3.jpg

Edited by Wizerty

Great job man,can you consider making a new pot with support for 2 dimms with space only for regular boards(expect impact ofc) ?I can imagine something like that with a solid copper base and tall size would be king for ln2 ram benching (32M and XTU ) :) If you do plan this consider me a customer :)

Great job man,can you consider making a new pot with support for 2 dimms with space only for regular boards(expect impact ofc) ?I can imagine something like that with a solid copper base and tall size would be king for ln2 ram benching (32M and XTU ) :) If you do plan this consider me a customer :)

He's done this already ;)

Like this one ? :)

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=80504

Trust me, you don't need copper. Heat spreader are really thick so it's as good as cooper, and without thermal interface between pot and HS you have "same" T° everywhere.

This kind of pot with cooper will be TOO heavy... then you will need to much LN2 to cool it down, and to much time to heat it up in case of CB/CBB

--------

I make it for FUN, to used pot I made on my own. It take me 4-5 hour to make one piece with manual milling machine + need to buy tool...

It will be really expensive, and I won't be allowed to use machine if I sell product, I'm only allowed to use it one or two time a year. This is not my job ;)

With CNC I think it will be really fast to produce it, but I don't have access to this.

Guest Bullant

Looks good man,I like how the HS is part of the pot I'm sure it gives you great cold transfer,I'm guessing your getting really good cold temps on your memory's

Your dual memory pot is also good design with how memory's slot up into the pot giving you max cold temps to your memorys

Looks good man,I like how the HS is part of the pot I'm sure it gives you great cold transfer,I'm guessing your getting really good cold temps on your memory's

Your dual memory pot is also good design with how memory's slot up into the pot giving you max cold temps to your memorys

Exactly ;)

V1 is also great, but need time to mount it. And every time you have to apply/clean TIM on IC... that's boring.

V2 is great and easy to use

• 1 year later...
Exactly ;)

V1 is also great, but need time to mount it. And every time you have to apply/clean TIM on IC... that's boring.

V2 is great and easy to use

I know this was from last year but it's so awesome I had to comment, what a beautiful pot you built, it looks so professional. I love the design and never saw anything like it. Really cool idea and execution.