HWBOT Community Forums

Win 8, 8.1, 10

RKDxpress

Unfortunately, i think it can't be authorized as the bclk bug occur by doing it under OS.

For example, you boot at standard bclk, decrease before run to exploit the bug, and then raise the bclk for screenshot.

For 3DMark running with SystemInfo up to date, there's no problems to run it on W10 ^^

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PH Benchmarker
Unfortunately, i think it can't be authorized as the bclk bug occur by doing it under OS.

For example, you boot at standard bclk, decrease before run to exploit the bug, and then raise the bclk for screenshot.

For 3DMark running with SystemInfo up to date, there's no problems to run it on W10 ^^

this means that if I use the 4.20 version of Futuremark System Info I can run 3D Mark in Windows 10 without risk of having my deleted result or suffer punishment in hwbot?

you can upload :

CPU-Z

PCMark (with SystemInfo up to date)

3DMark (with SystemInfo up to date)

XTU

GPUPI

Same mistake on Win10 here, and I submitted a bunch of benchmarks with win10...can I delete the ones that are wrong? Rest luckily was done in Rookie Competition so most are valid, but thinking of it, it includes HWBot Prime as well...so I guess those are not legit. Gonna see if I can notify someone...I don't want to be banned! So, second HDD with Win7 it is

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

quick question:

excuse my ignorance and lack of search ability.

I run a sole windows 10 pro install on a ASUS RIVE with a 3930k.

am i correct in thinking i cannot submit HWBOT Prime bench results?

thanks.

PS. i just had a quick look at a few other bench sub rules... can i submit anything but CPU freq?

Edited by kitoxx88
PS.

• 4 weeks later...
skylake not affected by bug. all os valid.

Hmm,

I just got an Email that one of my submissions was blocked.

"No windows 8 or newer for your CPU architecture and HWBOT Prime"

But it's a Skylake CPU, so Win10 shouldn't be a problem.

I have read the rules before, so, what went wrong?

"An HWBOT moderator, "leeghoofd", has blocked one of your submitted scores. It has marked one of your submissions as 'incorrect submission'.

This was the reason the user gave:

No windows 8 or newer for your CPU architecture and HWBOT Prime"

That's the content of the email.

• Crew
"An HWBOT moderator, "leeghoofd", has blocked one of your submitted scores. It has marked one of your submissions as 'incorrect submission'.

This was the reason the user gave:

No windows 8 or newer for your CPU architecture and HWBOT Prime"

That's the content of the email.

Could be I did a wrong copy paste mate or just flucked up.

Plz re-submit or link me to the blocked score.

• 3 months later...

Good morning/evening folks.

I bump this thread to know if the use of W8/10 is still in the thoughts of staff ^^

Again, i encounter the issue of newcomers who submits on W10 because it's their H24 rig, and don't understand well when it's allowed/disallowed.

I try to explain them how it works, but it cause disappointment.

I still think it's a huge restraint to bring more newcomers, even with the actual rule disallowing W10 for pre-Skylake on 90% of benchmarks.

RagingCain provided us a functionnal tool called Harmonic (Harmonic | BYTE Me Development ***8211; Advert Free Browsing ^.^), which can prove that a score is valid by adding it in the screenshot.

Yes "something more to screenshot", but it's better than "i can't have points or submit in any comps".

Is anything planned on this point, or no more enhancements are expected ?

That tool is useless for validation as it

1. Is ridiculously easy to create a clone that displays whatever.

2. Can be photoshopped into screenshots from a system with HPET on.

The only way this will work is to create a validation file that could be uploaded on HWBOT along the regular screenshot. Will ask Pieter if this can be done.

• 4 weeks later...
Good morning/evening folks.

I bump this thread to know if the use of W8/10 is still in the thoughts of staff ^^

Again, i encounter the issue of newcomers who submits on W10 because it's their H24 rig, and don't understand well when it's allowed/disallowed.

I try to explain them how it works, but it cause disappointment.

I still think it's a huge restraint to bring more newcomers, even with the actual rule disallowing W10 for pre-Skylake on 90% of benchmarks.

RagingCain provided us a functionnal tool called Harmonic (Harmonic | BYTE Me Development ***8211; Advert Free Browsing ^.^), which can prove that a score is valid by adding it in the screenshot.

Yes "something more to screenshot", but it's better than "i can't have points or submit in any comps".

Is anything planned on this point, or no more enhancements are expected ?

That tool is useless for validation as it

1. Is ridiculously easy to create a clone that displays whatever.

2. Can be photoshopped into screenshots from a system with HPET on.

The only way this will work is to create a validation file that could be uploaded on HWBOT along the regular screenshot. Will ask Pieter if this can be done.

Don't mind Genieben, he has the personality akin to sandpaper and has been rude to me here ever since I started developing Bishop CPC.

Yes Harmonic uses the same thing I believe 3DMark does for HPET validation. It's up to developers to implement similar features in their software and validating the results before submitting. Harmonic was my proof of concept.

While you can Photoshop things like what Harmonic's UI is doing, that does little to tamper with the actual code and results, all of which should be encrypted and included. A developer can secure the validation process and prevent tampering. They can also include screenshots during the submission process - basically take the user's ability to manually submit modified screenshots away.

It's quite easy to determine if HPET is in use and if anyone needs code, I will be more than happy to provide it. Harmonic is now embedded with Bishop CPC and it will be using the underlying validations.

Edited by RagingCain