HWBOT Community Forums

Win 8, 8.1, 10

RKDxpress

All I am saying is that using a db is not the best way to do it. We can take it offline if you want as I am a developer also.

The big trick with this is that it cannot effect the benchmark.

Windows 8 and up is only useful for 2 benchmarks.. In all other ways its pretty much slower than win7 or earlier.

So if you come up with a solution that makes it even slower... theres no point in doing it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have limited options at all confirming authenticity of data.

You have less options confirming things locally on one's machine, which is to say it is physically impossible to make something "unphotoshopable" or "untamperable." The only way to really establish control, is to control the data submitted is genuine by not giving the user the ability to tamper it.

All that said, what performance issues exist if the program sends a screenshot, only when the user chooses to tell it? There are no performance issues sending information, after a test has run. Or since, we do care about numbers, prove the program is harmful to benchmarking and I do my best to make it more awesome. Furthermore, the image could theoretically being encrypted locally to submit offline results.

I am just trying to provide solutions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately, this very important topic has gone cold. At the point where Win 8, 8.1 and 10 are barred from all but Futuremark 3D and a few (very few) cpu benchmarks, things look pretty bleak going forward for The Bot. And that is very sad.

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately, this very important topic has gone cold. At the point where Win 8, 8.1 and 10 are barred from all but Futuremark 3D and a few (very few) cpu benchmarks, things look pretty bleak going forward for The Bot. And that is very sad.

I really think there has to be some sort of solution for this RTC stuff.

If 3Dmark & a few other benchmarks can do it, why can't we have that for everything?

If the BOT wants to continue to expand and get bigger, support for NEW operating systems needs to be in place for more benchmarks IMO. Not a lot of people want to make separate windows installs just to benchmark, it's a hassle and something that should be avoidable all together IMO.

I really think there has to be some sort of solution for this RTC stuff.

If 3Dmark & a few other benchmarks can do it, why can't we have that for everything?

If the BOT wants to continue to expand and get bigger, support for NEW operating systems needs to be in place for more benchmarks IMO. Not a lot of people want to make separate windows installs just to benchmark, it's a hassle and something that should be avoidable all together IMO.

No separate installs for benchmarks? That's just lazy. Even if you're running Windows 10, you should strip the everliving hell out of it to maximize scores.

I agree with making new operating systems more functional c'mon man. :celebration:

you all know how people are-what i have to pay 6 dollar for a benchmark running on a 700 dollar system but if new guys want to join you tell them to buy old windows for benching.

old benchers have all windows versions.

if you want to be competitive, you will need all versions.... plain and simple.

I do agree something should be done.. so that even if you don't do a different os install you can submit..

No separate installs for benchmarks? That's just lazy. Even if you're running Windows 10, you should strip the everliving hell out of it to maximize scores.

I agree with making new operating systems more functional c'mon man. :celebration:

What I'm trying to say is if HWBOT want more members and to continue to expand, HWBOT needs to be able to accept benchmarks from more OS, especially the NEW ones that a huge majority of new users will be using. ( Let's be realistic, using ancient operating systems isn't appealing to a lot of people, especially when new ones have more features and run smoother.)

The average consumer, even most "pro-sumers" aren't going to want to go out of their way to do benchmarks on a separate install.

A lot of people don't care about the absolute bleeding edge score they can get with their hardware, they just want to have fun and see how they stack up against other people & their friends. I find competing against friends is really fun, but I also enjoy the bleeding edge of things.

Edited by Lays

• 1 month later...

Having to install an old operating system like Windows 7 that was release in 2009 I think. Make me wonder what is the point????

I understand that in the first release of windows 8, banning it was the only solution, but now windows 7 is getting very old. Having to downgrade to this old OS to run a competitive benchmark kills the purpose IMO

You should have a solution like being able to run the benchmark from a booting USB or something like that.

Edited by alamontagne