HWBOT Community Forums

Computex 2015: Who Is Going? Where are the OC events!

Massman

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I can afford to go, it might be groundbreaking.

There is a chance for AMD R9 390X with HBM rams as well, as nVidia GTX 980 Ti (where the perfornace is expected between GTX 980 and Titan X, where I expect more from HBM rams and 4096 stream processors :D ).

Oh, well. Time to fix my infected PC.

We all like to see, what R9 390X can offer. I mean... first time, that anyone do a card, that:

- use HBM rams

- use 4096bit wide memory bus

- use 4096 stream processors

...if that thing is not going to be Titan X buster, then AMD have to seriously explain, why. At least when nVidia cheats and DX11 are not in the play, the R9 chips have to excel over Titan X. The features level of modern AMD GFX chips excel already:

AMD_n_Vidia_features_compare.jpg

Congratulations - hopefully it will be a good show! Pls report back with some fresh pics and infos ;)

AMD are just teasing us with supershort previews:

...and GTX 980ti are (unsurprisingly) 5% bellow Titan X, so... with a little O/C it is a Titan X speed for GTX 980 price: http://www.hwbattle.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=hottopic&wr_id=175&ckattempt=1

GTX_980ti_vs_Titan_X.jpg

Edited by trodas

Just arrived in our hotel after meeting Albrecht at the airport - that was unexpected, we had the same flight :D

The Park City Hotel is absolutely awesome - the room, the restaurant and specially the view (will post tomorrow, can't take a good picture when its dark).

Oh and there is an all-you-can-eat-and-drink here, so if there is "spare-evening" (as if this would happen :P ) we can have a nice round here as well.

Expect me to be fully refreshed tomorrow after a 10 hour sleep :D

Now that's what I call a decent room :D

DSCN1397s.jpg

My personal smoking and chill-out area :cool:

DSCN1405s.jpg

The pictures of the view need to be re-captured but I wanted to give you a first impression :)

DSCN1402s.jpg

See you guys tomorrow, maybe we have dinner here in the park hotel (all you can eat and drink, german buffet for a really good price) and go clubbing afterwards or sth... :D

Edit: stummerwinter couldn't make it to Computex but is holding a little session this week-end with our AwardFabrik-Team and just sended this to greet us all :)

haiger1.jpg

Now I'm excited to finally get some LN2 in my hands again...I heard we will have new CPUs to play with, Unigine records to crush and a shipload of mainboards to torture within the next days :D :D :D

Edited by SoF

DSCN1685s.jpg

DSCN1686s.jpg

DSCN1678s.jpg

DSCN1692s.jpg

Due to the pictures above I didn't took any pictures on the first day of the exhibition itself xD Only tested the VR-Stuff at Galaxy but if you are still having a head ache this ain't the best idea...

DSCN1699s.jpg

But after one evening without drinks and party I'm refreshed and ready to start reporting ;)

Edited by SoF