HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROG OC Showdown Extreme Series Round 1 thread.

Dancop

My result has been removed from the competition not because there is something really wrong or it's bugged etc but because "monitoring doesn't show load". It's because I was waiting too long to make a screenshot ... is it a reason to remove result from competition ?

In rules is "XTU Monitoring MUST show the CPU frequency DURING load. Results with monitoring disabled or not shown are invalid"

So it's showing CPU clock - 5.3GHz ( what is also in other window ) Monitoring isn't disabled and it's not hidden ... it just moved in time so you can't see full graph during the benchmark ... actually most results are missing most of this graph.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2764707_woomack_xtu_core_i7_5820k_2121_marks

is it a reason to remove result from competition ?

Yes: "XTU Monitoring MUST show the CPU frequency DURING load. Results with monitoring disabled or not shown are invalid"

actually most results are missing most of this graph.

Where? I checked TOP10 and they all have "load time" in the graph.

Edited by Christian Ney

Yes: "XTU Monitoring MUST show the CPU frequency DURING load. Results with monitoring disabled or not shown are invalid"

As you see, on my screenshot is 5.3GHz all the time. It simply had to show 5.3GHz during load as in idle it's also 5.3GHz. On the graph there is straight line showing 5.3GHz.

There is also no way it would throttle as it was made on cold.

With current time how long CPU-Z is loading it's not that hard to pass default time of 5min on the graph.

Result isn't any special and can compare it to any other 5820K at ~5.3GHz.

Where? I checked TOP10 and they all "load time" in the graph.

I said there are last couple of seconds/mins on the graphs on most screenshots. Big part of it is the same as on mine.

I understand if I was hidding something, trying to cheat or if my result was the best in competition but it's just like searching for an issue here. I won't win anything here and I won't rerun it as this chip is already degrading. But really you had to remove my result which would be what ... 10th+ in the stage ? because I clicked print screen too late ?

Let's wait for final ranking...

Congrats to dancop, you deserve it bro, you nailed it from the first week until the end, I like this. For sure your GEM (4770k) help you, but your 5.5 XTU are amazing... you are a nice competitor. I'm waiting next round for revenge ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy's

A browsing the rules again I noticed you need to use an ASUS vga so my round two subs may be disqualified as I used a EVGA 980 classy. If so the only setup VGA I have is a ASUS R9 295X2 can I use that?. Also I missed round 1 so does that disqualify me as well

Thanks Mkeys