HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Round 2 thread.

Marquzz

• 4 weeks later...

biostar m6twg is the motherboard. cpu z could identify the chipset as 810. i have attached enough screenshots of software/hardware to confirm the motherboard as M6TWG - BIOSTAR. i dont have any experience of slot 1. is it ok? pl.check the submission of reference clock 103.06

after 3 days of hard work continuously failed 7 times to install xp[every time installation goes well till system reboots for completion of installation, then error loading os-tried all tricks i know in recovery console like chkdsk,fixmbr,fixboot.............failed to complete installation], i have successfully installed windows vista on a slot 1 motherboard running with 384 mb of sd ram and processor running at 300mhz. later i found that this motherboard m6twg has a jumper to increase the fsb to 100 from 66. and then a bit of overclock to reach 464mhz. finally cpu-z just hangs at dmi and i have to keep it zero in config. file to complete the cpu verification. finally cpu-z couldn't identify the motherboard and also couldn't identify pci card fx-5500. still lot of work to do.