HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Round 3 thread.

RomanLV

Then you mean that:

My 30pin Siemens HYM91000S-60 are FPMs

&

My 72pin VM432117405CJSA-6 are EDOs

Correct?

I wouldn't say that there is a safe way of just looking at the numbers on the chip and say that it's EDO or FPM. Best is to find the datasheet for the chip, and in your case, your 30-pin module is indeed FPM:

http://www.datasheets360.com/part/detail/hym91000s-60/3011031828902403077/

Google does not find anything on that other chip. Sure you got all the digits right?

• 2 weeks later...

I think 282MHz 1:1 would not be possible at tight timings, at least for my setup. Maybe with low ambient on DFI Ultra-B it would be possible, but it is summer here and ambient is too high. I did some test with my AN7 with my custom bios, but 277 is the max I can validate at the moment with 1:1 DC and tight timings: http://hwbot.org/submission/2915144_i.nfrar.ed_reference_clock_an7_276.7_mhz/

1M benchable about 270-272MHz, 1:1 DC tight. With DFI I could probably do some MHz more, but still not 282. It's not a walk in the park even with nforce4 chipset. Now what left is to reinstall windows and get a proper score, but the AN7 is a little faster than the DFI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Final check done, good job, all handled the comp very well :) - no subs removed

Just wanted to say thank you Michael. Competition moderation has been much less painful and much more timely since you took that position. :)

I know it's generally a thankless job.