HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Godlike OC Tournament: Ambient 3D Battle thread.

Noxinite

Guest george.kokovinis
i7 4790k imc has degraded ....

motherboard z97m max power is broken, the Laing DDC pump 12V 1plusT broke. luckily the cpu is still alive but I can not do in 2800 CL9 with the other motherboard I (Z97 gene asus) I have another i7 4790k but not very lucky :(.

Raule,

I am deeply sorry man to hear the bad news.

You are a very good overclocker and it is a shame !

Personally, I would be glad if you won the competition.

As for the IMC degradation.

Tell those smart people that organized a 3D competition with IGP,

THAT when you are pushing SHARED MEMORY, the processor's integrated memory controller + the IGP overclocking can KILL the cpu

very easily.

THAT is the reason that I am not participating.

IGP is not made to be pushed. Idiots...:mad:

IGP is a cheap way of display for everyday use, for people that can't

afford to buy a 100$ card.

Sorry for the news again man....

IGP competition my ass...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raule,

THAT when you are pushing SHARED MEMORY, the processor's integrated memory controller + the IGP overclocking can KILL the cpu

very easily.

I ordered a new Z97 mpower from "amazon" delivery tomorrow (that is broken has been rejected, I wanted to send it but I told the truth and therefore was denied the guarantee)

the image is in Italian

9rhqpi.jpg

Guest george.kokovinis
I ordered a new Z97 mpower from "amazon" delivery tomorrow (that is broken has been rejected, I wanted to send it but I told the truth and therefore was denied the guarantee)

the image is in Italian

9rhqpi.jpg

Good luck buddy.

I admire your persistence !:)

Personally, I would spend my cash in upgrading to Z170.

But to each his own...

:celebration:

George

I don't know if everyone knows about this but I came across a forum on Tomshardware the other day and someone gave a useful like for a protection plan from Intel for OCing CPUs

heres the link here http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

it covers quite a few CPUs for a small fee and one time of course but hopefully it will let people feel a little more comfortable OCings

I don't know if everyone knows about this but I came across a forum on Tomshardware the other day and someone gave a useful like for a protection plan from Intel for OCing CPUs

heres the link here http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

it covers quite a few CPUs for a small fee and one time of course but hopefully it will let people feel a little more comfortable OCings

I used that for some of my retail cpus, making CPU RMA in my place way easier and no questions asked :)

Guest george.kokovinis
i7 4790k is delid , Performance tuning plan doesn't cover any physical modifications.

True.

Plus that the performance tuning plan ( 70$ for the 5960X ) is NOT

available in all countries.

It is not in mine for sure. Lol.

hey george I know you said in early comments that you were not going to compete in 3D part of this comp but I just wanted to let you know I went back to the 2D submission page and saw that they deleted people submissions, so i recounted my points and a few of the top runner ups...

Ivan and Raules still have their 44 pts (but i'm not sure who's in first/second)

3rd Nvidia_forever has 41pts

4th is you have 28 pts

5th is me with 25 pts

so i thought id give you a heads up if you still wanted to try a little IGP OCing for this comp and maybe win something

good luck to everyone tho

• Administrators

Rules have been reworked so that they are more precise(Thanks, Pieter), you only need one gpuz tab, sensor gpuz tab not mandatory, hwmonitor covers cpu temp and therefore also igp, please do not forget mainboard and spd tab when you screen results :)

Edited by websmile

Guest george.kokovinis
hey george I know you said in early comments that you were not going to compete in 3D part of this comp but I just wanted to let you know I went back to the 2D submission page and saw that they deleted people submissions, so i recounted my points and a few of the top runner ups...

Ivan and Raules still have their 44 pts (but i'm not sure who's in first/second)

3rd Nvidia_forever has 41pts

4th is you have 28 pts

5th is me with 25 pts

so i thought id give you a heads up if you still wanted to try a little IGP OCing for this comp and maybe win something

good luck to everyone tho

Thanks for the heads up man.

Really appreciate it.

This is the spirit of good and pure competition.

I will give it a shot tomorrow, though I am fundamentally against

tweaking IGP.

I have seen horrible things happen on other platforms in the past.

Thanks again man:)

Thanks for the heads up man.

Really appreciate it.

This is the spirit of good and pure competition.

I will give it a shot tomorrow, though I am fundamentally against

tweaking IGP.

I have seen horrible things happen on other platforms in the past.

Thanks again man:)

No problem ;] didn't feel right if I got ahead of you without you knowing you had a chance or someone else taking your spot.

goodluck

Raule,

very easily.

I've been quiet to your rudeness and insults so far, but I think we let you express your opinion enough now, so I will be clear with you:

This is by far not the first contest using IGP organized by MSI or other vendors and it is certainly not the last neither, no matter what you have to say.

FYI, your assumption that no ones bench IGP is incorrect, just go take a look at HWBOT database.

You are actually the only one to loudly complain since the beginning of the comp. If you are not happy about the rules --> No one is forcing you to participate, furthermore you might want to read them all: "HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject any entry".

To conclude, next post from you containing any insult you will get a worldwide ban from any MSI competition/event/giveaway/whatever. You have been warned.

Edited by pepinorang

Guest george.kokovinis
I've been quiet to your rudeness and insults so far, but I think we let you express your opinion enough now, so I will be clear with you:

This is by far not the first contest using IGP organized by MSI or other vendors and it is certainly not the last neither, no matter what you have to say.

FYI, your assumption that no ones bench IGP is incorrect, just go take a look at HWBOT database.

You are actually the only one to loudly complain since the beginning of the comp. If you are not happy about the rules --> No one is forcing you to participate, furthermore you might want to read them all: "HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject any entry".

To conclude, next post from you containing any insult you will get a worldwide ban from any MSI competition/event/giveaway/whatever. You have been warned.

You are far too small ( mentally ) to threaten me in any way possible.

This is NOT North Korea.

This is a free world, where I am free to put in writing my opinion,

right or wrong.

If you personally or on behalf of any organization, company, vendor

you might represent, feel like banning me, please be my guest.

To help you, substantiated insults that offend without basis the fame

of a person or a legal substance in the form of a company, hereby

represented possibly by you, may even lead to court for compensation.

Simply put, no more MSI contests for me worldwide.

:ws::ws::ws:

• Administrators

I made a preliminary check on results, one sub had to be blocked (explanation was sent), sunday stage ends, so keep on benching :D

Edit I did final, in depth check, two more subs gone, result is final from my side

Edited by websmile