HWBOT Community Forums

Are you ready for Sandy Bridge?

Massman

I prefer to stay safe :) But I can say we'll see totally different performance on air as ever seen before. Having the same issues you can read around the net but it seems we start to get a step ahead of bios dev's from other brands while learning from intel *insertanenormousmysticalsmilehere* :D

I prefer to stay safe :) But I can say we'll see totally different performance on air as ever seen before. Having the same issues you can read around the net but it seems we start to get a step ahead of bios dev's from other brands while learning from intel *insertanenormousmysticalsmilehere* :D

Thought so! :) Never have been looking forward to a new platform more than these days.

took me like 1 hour getting used to it and 6-7 hours straight pre-testing all CPUs....got the impression overclocking never had been so easy before at some point. no messing around with baseclock anymore cuts off quite some trouble.

That reminds me on my first GT experience....

Had 5.8 stable after 15 minutes. Didnt testet on air. LN2 first boot. Killed the first one on the next day....:D

took me like 1 hour getting used to it and 6-7 hours straight pre-testing all CPUs....got the impression overclocking never had been so easy before at some point. no messing around with baseclock anymore cuts off quite some trouble.

That what you call 'messing around', I call 'optimising' :D

That what you call 'messing around', I call 'optimising' :D

I always liked raw clocks more than optimizing - I always take my hats of when I see guys bringing awesome performance per clock but I don't have time for that mostly :( I know there is no excuse for my incompetence :D (uh I must sig that someday as well as albrecht mwhahaha)

Edited by SoF

No more beers for you then !!!

I am missing your new sig :D Uh and yes I think the last one was bad yesterday :P

Man all people around me getting Maximus IV Extreme - I wanna have this board too but it's rather expensive and I speculate z68 will be the better plattform in some time. it's like with h55 and p55 I think.

Edited by SoF

• Crew

Got a CPU yesterday, first test @ AIR and SS:

50x100@AIR:

2600K@5000-wPrime1024.jpg

50x100@SS:

2600K@50x100-wPrime1024-subzero.jpg

48x104@SS:

2600K@48x104-wPrime1024-subzero.jpg

vCore under load was always ~ 1,38 V (with DMM)...

Saddly I can't exceed 5 GHz, but no difference under SS @ M4E...

Don't not have a closer look on the results, was done @ W7 64, by WXP didn't run yesterday...;)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with CPUZ, Core temp etc not showing proper voltages? Am using a GB P67AUD5 MB with a 2600K chip. This chip is a screamer easily hitting 5.4+ on low volts. I am running 24/7 @ 4.15v with LL1 and PP enabled. When I boot into windows my voltage always reads 1.37v on core temp and 1.1v on CPUZ. The voltage never moves while running 8 threads of prime 95 but my temps are climbing to 68-75. I am running a dual 120 rad setup with deltas and a HK3.0 block so my temps should never go that high unless my voltage is climbing but I never see any change in volts in my monitoring programs. Any idea how to get this unstuck? I have swapped BIOS, loaded the new version of CPUZ for sandy bridge and nada. Am I missing a BIOS setting that allows this to change? It makes it hard to keep playing when you do not know where your voltages are. My V-Droop in BIOS is 1.378 when set to 1.415.