HWBOT Community Forums

Bullant - GeForce GTX 580 @ 1473/1166MHz - 179805 marks 3DMark2001 SE

Andrix85

Guest Bullant
what is the ruling on a GPU benchmark, when CPU, Board and Ram are all ES/samples?

It does state it in the rules,I did use retail ram on these results

Have sent massman a pm to move me over as I keep getting a error message when trying

Guest Bullant

Thanks barbonenet,I forgot to squeeze my ram this time ahah

Great Score and Benching Bullant :) Where was the CB on your GTX 580? On mine the buzzer goes off at -78c

Thanks mate,gpu temps -135,still more in the core...things seem to be better on gpu and CPU using grizzly everywhere,is really good stuff

Yeah I had that buzzer problem on z97 but z170 is fine,what I had to do to get past this and get to true cb of -130 was this

My buzzer was -60 so boot to windows at say -50 and then up the gpu memory volts to +100 then I could cool gpu down to -130 if I didn't set +100 gpu memory volts I would have cb,buzzer and pixel screen

Can't remember of the top of my head the gpu memory volt correct name in AB but you should know what I mean

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
you should rise a bit the mem freq to improve nature , what ddr voltage use? find a gpu with samsung mem , hynix are weak than samsung ic�s

I think my eff is ok and yeah I know how to fix nature ,memory freq no need sometimes to high memory freq can affect other maps ,more in timing in my testing on 01,will adjust few my timings next time as I didn't bother with this run. .I relize Hynix gpu mem is weak too that's also why my nature is so bad such low gpu memory clock.Low gpu memory clock can help in other maps too,all about balance

To hard here to find 580 Samsung lightning here,I just get newer gpu when I'm ready

Edited by Bullant

right , that was reason when i told you about nature and mem frecq ( not otherts GT´s), i know very good this benchamrk with many gpu arhitecture , it is for sure my favorite benchmark , hynix is ok about mem CB better than samsung , with samsung mem on this gpu you need to warm ( overvolted ram´s) a bit to push CB limit a bit! but over all samsung hint frecv over 1300 mhz with a decent mem controller , so it is way to go!

Guest Bullant
right , that was reason when i told you about nature and mem frecq ( not otherts GT�s), i know very good this benchamrk with many gpu arhitecture , it is for sure my favorite benchmark , hynix is ok about mem CB better than samsung , with samsung mem on this gpu you need to warm ( overvolted ram�s) a bit to push CB limit a bit! but over all samsung hint frecv over 1300 mhz with a decent mem controller , so it is way to go!

I thought you were talking about ddr4 memory?

Yes I agree with you on "gpu memory"I know gpu memory will help me a lot on nature and adjust on other gts but I only have Hynix and don't want to buy more 580s to find Samsung memory

I'm sorry my fault not reading it correctly,I really thought you were talking about my Kingston ddr4 memory ahah that's why I Said memory freq no need I thought you meant my ddr4 kingstons

Yeah I'm only running 1166 gpu mem with +100 memory volts it fails 1175 not sure how much gpu volts can I try?

Edited by Bullant

i talking about gDDR, for that gpu clock you need more mem bandwith to not bottleneck the gpu..

think for hynix gddr 1200 mhz under cold mem controller it is almost at the end! , i tried manny manny gtx580 so best mem implementation and PCB design is not the lightning , it is DC2 and Matrix.

lightning with samsung and mem over 1300 mhz are very very rare ( i tried 6 pc´s only one can do 1300+ , another 5 pc stuckt to 1250 -1270) and from only 4 asus´s ( dc2 and matrix) all can do over 1300mhz:) with 1.8v 1.85 v

on ln2 cooling solution should overvolted till 2volts just warm pcb cooled by ln2 to pass and push a bit the CB limit!.

anyway great score and great eff i´m very happy that you like 2k1 because on 3D bench that i so tweakable like 32m on 2D bench and all know who much you like this bench!

regards!

Edited by nachtfalke

Guest Bullant
i talking about gDDR, for that gpu clock you need more mem bandwith to not bottleneck the gpu..

think for hynix gddr 1200 mhz under cold mem controller it is almost at the end! , i tried manny manny gtx580 so best mem implementation and PCB design is not the lightning , it is DC2 and Matrix.

lightning with samsung and mem over 1300 mhz are very very rare ( i tried 6 pc´s only one can do 1300+ , another 5 pc stuckt to 1250 -1270) and from only 4 asus´s ( dc2 and matrix) all can do over 1300mhz:) with 1.8v 1.85 v

on ln2 cooling solution should overvolted till 2volts just warm pcb cooled by ln2 to pass and push a bit the CB limit!.

anyway great score and great eff i´m very happy that you like 2k1 because on 3D bench that i so tweakable like 32m on 2D bench and all know who much you like this bench!

regards!

yeah dont think this Hynix memory do 1200,I have 3gb lightning Hynix and that does 1220 but weaker core,this one will do 1500 core,just thought I run few 3Ds with this card then buy a bigger card.Yeah this is awesome bench and I like 06-05-03 all good,I guess the other new ones be nice change too just with newer GPU

Yeah if this was running 1250-1300 gpu memory on this run would be awesome boost

Thanks

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Great score! OCF works fine with XP? Might have to get one of those to then...Need special bios ?

Thanks ,ocf works great with XP no special bios needed and yeah board is good all round board,you'll like it