HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger 2016 Div III Round 1 Discussion

websmile

• 1 month later...
http://hwbot.org/article/general_rules

The general rules apply, 1.2, so it is not allowed. I post the link to raise awareness of this, unreleased hardware and es hardware is only allowed if it is explicitly stated in the rules :)

My 3dmark11 submission disappeared from the round. It was definitely legit. I have the screenshot still. it still shows me as first place but shows 0 points for that stage. I also can't find it in hwbot.

Is it because I used the internet result for the screenshot? The free version doesn't show the score in the program for me. I have the link here, it's a valid result, I didnt even tweak LOD. This would really suck because I submitted a little early just in case there was an issue.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11123561

I just checked all my previous 3dmark 11 subs and they are all that way and are not taken down. This is the way I have always done it. Please help. I tried so hard for this comp. It's the most up to date program and system info.

Edited by Strong Island

• Administrators

http://hwbot.org/news/8624_application_29_rules/

Please check the rules and then check if your screenshot showed the mandatory subtest results... I gave you a reason for the block, and I did not do this light hearted

Edit OK, with the link I can unlock it because I handled this for all the same. Anyway, if I see screens like this again in the future, I will block them no matter if a link is provided or not

Edited by websmile

http://hwbot.org/news/8624_application_29_rules/

Please check the rules and then check if your screenshot showed the mandatory subtest results... I gave you a reason for the block, and I did not do this light hearted

Oh man I just posted the link above, it never said link was necessary and if you look at all my old 3dmark 11 subs they are all that way and have never been taken down. This score is completely in line, I would never cheat on something like this. If this wasn't a comp that was already over I would never complain. I completely understand you have a job to do but please is there someone we can talk to.

• Administrators

In general, you bench here for a couple of years now and are at extreme league, without being disrepectful you should already have had the time to see that practically all 3dms starting from 01 up to firestrike need a screenshot that show detailed subtests.... As said, I added it again because it is a 0,1 point score and with the option to check the subscores at the verification link, I did bend the rules in favour of you like I did for all other benchers at this challenger as well. This won´t happen again

In general, you bench here for a couple of years now and are at extreme league, without being disrepectful you should already have had the time to see that practically all 3dms starting from 01 up to firestrike need a screenshot that show detailed subtests.... As said, I added it again because it is a 0,1 point score and with the option to check the subscores at the verification link, I did bend the rules in favour of you like I did for all other benchers at this challenger as well. This won´t happen again

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I completely understand, I am so sorry, If you look at my 2.5 years here I think this is the second sub I have ever had blocked, I try to be really respectful of the work it must take to police a contest like this and I appreciate it so much, I was up until 7am this morning getting all my subs in because I have been working so much, man I would have been so disappointed. With the free version you dont get the window in the program and I was having trouble stretching the internet window to show it properly. I will just buy it to avoid this in the future.

I really appreciate all you do and thanks so much for being a great moderator.

• Administrators

No need to thank me, if you want to make my life easier check the rules from time to time, I do it myself regularly to see if updates were made :) - it is for sure no fun for me to kill other benchers hard work by blocking scores, but the rules have its reasons, subscores for example are the best way to check if a score is bugged