HWBOT Community Forums

Dancop - Core i7 5960X @ 6000MHz - 2410 cb Cinebench - R15

Doug2507

Come on, you ran that 10 minutes before the 6012mhz sub. Just look at date/time/cpu-z version/mem timings etc etc. It's even the same ram but this time you changed sub details to say g.skill. You're even on old 1302 bios where all your more recent 5960 subs are 1702+.

Trying to deny that is just insulting the intelligence of every other guy who's submitted for that stage.

Edited by Doug2507

Now i don't know whats fully gone on here and i cba to check the in's and out's but i trust doug entirely in his judgement. what i am bothered about is another good bencher has quit HWBot because the system favours the sponsored no matter what and things continually get brushed under the carpet or even laughed off. Another great member of our team whom rarely submits now CBA with all the crap that goes on here and me?? Well i have about 15L of Ln2 left and i will be evaluating what i do next, means nothing to most here but i value time over anything else and can i invest anymore in something where the outcome is never black and white, i honestly dont think i can.

@Massman or whomever pulls the strings, you all generally do a good job here but grow some f'kin balls! All your users should be given the same rights/priorities, not individuals because there sponsored by the same company as hwbot.

@Massman or whomever pulls the strings, you all generally do a good job here but grow some f'kin balls! All your users should be given the same rights/priorities, not individuals because there sponsored by the same company as hwbot.

If you had spent more time checking what actually happened, you would have noticed the result was pulled from the competition.

• Administrators
Now i don't know whats fully gone on here and i cba to check the in's and out's but i trust doug entirely in his judgement. what i am bothered about is another good bencher has quit HWBot because the system favours the sponsored no matter what and things continually get brushed under the carpet or even laughed off. Another great member of our team whom rarely submits now CBA with all the crap that goes on here and me?? Well i have about 15L of Ln2 left and i will be evaluating what i do next, means nothing to most here but i value time over anything else and can i invest anymore in something where the outcome is never black and white, i honestly dont think i can.

I do not want to read a comment like this again, Nick, this is neither polite nor does it nail facts - I removed this result from competition after I checked it, afterwards I talked to Daniel yesterday already, he misinterpreted the rules, as soon as I made them clear he removed all remaining older subs from the competition himself. I am very unhappy that Doug left, but the staff here is impartial and I don´t bother who violates the rules, last week I had to block results of a good friend who lost a competition because of this. Noone has a bonus here when it comes to the enforcement of rules, we all try to do our job as good as we can :)

Look guys i do apologise for being harsh it just appears that more things come to light when your fighting near the top and goes unmissed by fellow overclockers below. I wasn't just on about this particuler incident but for me they all keep adding up. For those that know me well which is not many to be fair but to give an insight, when i'm into something i give it my all, i dedicate as much time as i can to achieve the best results i can, i'm not the type of person to take a break for a few months or so, its either all or nothing and i'm favouring the latter at the moment and that's personally annouying me as i enjoy my hobby but i do need the competition side of things to keep me interested otherwise there's no point. Again i apologise to all as i know it must be tough to moderate/run this place, i just feel sad that i need to make the decision to continue or not. :(

• Administrators

I think we should close the case, mistakes happen to everyone and if you misinterprete rules, this can happen to pros and rookies. As long as things are fixed when they need to be corrected, all is OK.

• Crew

Just to clarify what happened Nick. I saw Dougs comments on the score and jumped straight on it... Checking the validity of Dougs reasoning. He was right that this was an old score, dating back form 2015. Talked to Dancop and he agreed to pull the score. I send Doug a PM the matter has been sort of resolved and he told me he had seen enough and deleted his account... His choice, but sad to see him leave. Now we can just to do our best to make it as fair as possible...

We are all still learning to make these competitions as much fun and the rules as bullet proof possible. Next time a competition background will be introduced to avoid the re-usage of old / backup scores.

On another note: even though Dancop might be sponsored by numerous vendors might not be a limitation for his chances of entring a competition. He is nr1 of the world for a reason. And believe me he devotes a lot of time and still invests a lot of his own money to maintain his current ranking. Believe me being sponsored brings a lot of pressure.

You guys are great benchers, but like you said it has to be worth your time and dedication... by all means it has to remain fun...

Sad to see Doug go. Truly an asset to the OC community. But I do think he overreacted, however I can sympathize.

Dan is not you average overclocker, he has been at it for a while now. In my opinion he knows what is right and wrong, he knows the rules.. After watching him sandbag 2 submissions (both were month old subs) I truly realized what Dan was all about. I dont think he is very mature or professional and possibly lets his competitive nature get the best of him. I would like it if people on the top lead by example, many feel they get to be the exception to the rules.

Him saying he misinterpreted the rules is a major insult to every user, every staff member and every vendor. I would drop him in a heartbeat if I sponsored him at all.

Ethics are extremely important to me. Leaders must lead by example. Read and follow rules.

Im really happy the hwbot staff stepped up and did the right thing. I am also very proud of Doug for speaking up, had he not would this whole thing go unnoticed?

Edited by ProKoN

Guest george.kokovinis

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ethics are extremely important to me. Leaders must lead by example

And Caesar's wife must be honest, not only look honest.