HWBOT Community Forums

The Official ASUS ROG CAMP 2016 QUALIFIER discussion

Elkim

Welcome to the overclockers-world where everyone tries to push as hard as possible even if it includes playing "in the grey zone".

I'm not sure if your water cooling solution would be considered "Water (Custom)" or "TEC / Peltier / Water (Chilled/Cold)". There are different ways you can look at it. From a fair-play point of view it's probably not so good but then we are looking for overclockers with decent basic knowledge. I appreciate the post and that you're being honest. Personally I still consider the results as legit.

Cool. Good to know. Flight is booked. See u 2nd december =)

• Administrators

The cooling with dice at bucket is apprentice style, yes. I am against excluding sirtryalot from the comp though, there are people who did use more voltage, had lower temps and imho used same or even more temp-lowering ways of cooling. it is partially a problem of no minimum temps defined at competition and people using workarounds even if we have temp limits. The voltages used are still doable imho, there are others who did jump the gun much harder

P.S. I guess have one point to take in, everyone who goes to the finals will move up to extreme anyway, so this is a special competition, as Roman said future extreme ocers are searched for. This makes this qualifier different from a normal enthusiast competition, on which we handle rules more strictly. BTW, am I the only one who used air cooling? :P

Edited by websmile

I mean I was running tap water for the last submissions, because my pump broke and it was less than a day to the end of the comp... Before that I just ziptied the 240 radiator with 2 delta fans to the outside of my window :D Both solutions got me around 15-18°C idle temps... Thanks SirTryAlot for the compliment on the P4 i hope to bench it on LN2 one day, hope one of my 5 best cedars will eventually hit 8GHz :D

Unfortunaly I wasn't able to get first place in realbench, the watercooling started to leak and took one GTX 580 with it, also the board had to dry of for it to work again :(

Edited by TAGG

The cooling with dice at bucket is apprentice style, yes. I am against excluding sirtryalot from the comp though, there are people who did use more voltage, had lower temps and imho used same or even more temp-lowering ways of cooling. it is partially a problem of no minimum temps defined at competition and people using workarounds even if we have temp limits. The voltages used are still doable imho, there are others who did jump the gun much harder

P.S. I guess have one point to take in, everyone who goes to the finals will move up to extreme anyway, so this is a special competition, as Roman said future extreme ocers are searched for. This makes this qualifier different from a normal enthusiast competition, on which we handle rules more strictly. BTW, am I the only one who used air cooling? :P

To clarify, it were ICECUBES not DICE. DICE hits -70°C. Ice if you are lucky -15°C ish :). Oh and for the LOLs, don't mix DICE with antifrost window cleaner. Terrible idea.