HWBOT Community Forums

The Official ASUS ROG CAMP 2016 QUALIFIER discussion

Elkim

Rly? Overclockers can never have used LN2 before (dry ice and single stage is OK)

This is screwup, I have used it few times, I'm not good at it yet at all and I can't join comp again.

Who made that up...

Thanks alot.

//nvm its also country restricted...lol

Edited by Elkim

• 4 weeks later...

It should be in either the rules or the competition announcement, I think.

The accommodation from Friday to Saturday is covered by ASUS, as well as all the food and beverages. The contestants do need to travel by their own means to the venue location in Berlin. In exchange you get a two day kick-ass introduction to extreme overclocking by @der8auer.

So Roman. I have given myself the greatest trouble the entire weekend and must say that I understand your argument. Check out the results in detail. My HWBOT NAME: Sporrdig. I am in the Enthusiast League and possess exactly one 6950x and 2x GTX TITAN X. CPU CPU frequency I can not score: over 50% with H2O I overclocked, but someone with 6700 must overclock for the first place only 35%. XTU and Cinebench I have also no chance since all results are divided by 10. I would like to know your opinion, to my position

Sorry, but when you have the cash to spend on double titan x and a 6950x then you sure have the cash to spend on a skylake platform. (370.-- for CPU and let's say 200 for the MB). Rest you can reuse from that overkill system. If not, sell that 6950x and step one down. Voila there you have the cash!

Stage 4 is paradise for me... Unless someone else binned 150+ cedar mill CPUs... :D

Skylake has no chance against cedar at raw clock speeds...

All other stages are more or less anoyances to me, i own a decent 6700K, but i don't like modern platforms...

Could there be some infos released when this camp exactly starts? I need to book a flight asap, or it gets rediculous expensive.

And who needs sandbags. Swiss mercenaries until 17th century were the best you could get. Almost all battles swiss were involved(Sometimes on both sides :D). Still always neutral :-P

I litteraly found this competition yesterday... sure will do some 6700k OC today :) (and hopefully 5,6GHz+ on the pentium 4) :D

If you wantes someone who can beat your scores, i'm sorry... i'm an absolute noob when it comes to DDR4 tweaking...

Edited by TAGG

Hey it's all a learning process. And i sure don't want you to beat me. Coming close is good enough :D...

Sadly i can't improve my scores anymore. This insanely good CPU died, and a replacement died as well from delidding. (I chopped in the connections of the IMC)

This could maybe help alot: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=161483

Good luck on that P4

Hey it's all a learning process. And i sure don't want you to beat me. Coming close is good enough :D...

Sadly i can't improve my scores anymore. This insanely good CPU died, and a replacement died as well from delidding. (I chopped in the connections of the IMC)

This could maybe help alot: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=161483

Good luck on that P4

I heard someone made a tool for safe delidding. :D

LOL to those scores. I just had the time to see what my opponents made. The day i had made those Scores, i already felt pretty bad about the fact how i achieved them.

I got an D5 Pump, an 120x480x60mm Rad submerged in Water and an EK Supremacy Waterblock. Then went to a Gasstation to get 10kilo of ice to get that temp in the loop down. Lowest i could achieve was +6°C idle with that. Even though it is extremely unlikely someone consider this a normal waterloop, this all is achieveable with standard filling in the Loop, some Ice and the balls to try some crazy stuff.

At 1.536v i already had hit 67°C with a delidded CPU and Thermal Grizzly.

Looked like picture 1.

Then like always, i was up to pushing boundaries. I switched out the Rad, and directly attatched the Waterpool to the Loop. But since every guy with basic knowledge in chemistry knows, water won't get under 2-3°C just from adding ice, no way, this will result in lower results than 5-8°C ambient.

Looked like Picture 2 and 3.

Finally, i ended up using antifrost cooling for cars, and again up to 10 kilo of ice. This way it would be achieveable to get ambient at 0 way down to roughly -2. I never uploaded any of this stuff, because i don't think this would be fair to use. But it shows clearly how some results that went up, were achieved.

Picture 4

I hope, you guys consider my uploaded results as achieveable and legit. The stuff i did the last week, just shows how stuff had to be done to beat the scores. Kudos to all honest benchers. Specially to TAGG for his P4 Result :)

Welcome to the overclockers-world where everyone tries to push as hard as possible even if it includes playing "in the grey zone".

I'm not sure if your water cooling solution would be considered "Water (Custom)" or "TEC / Peltier / Water (Chilled/Cold)". There are different ways you can look at it. From a fair-play point of view it's probably not so good but then we are looking for overclockers with decent basic knowledge. I appreciate the post and that you're being honest. Personally I still consider the results as legit.