HWBOT Community Forums

CPU and gpu

Dancop

Pro OC Division - The Pro OC Division is an arena for the Elite and professional overclockers to compete. There are ?no holds barred?, so to speak, and there are (almost) no limitations on the type of hardware that can be used. This means that overclockers are invited to use the fastest, most expensive hardware on the planet including Nvidia Titan cards, and for the first time, Intel Skylake-X processors (including Core i9 chips of up to 10 cores). The only restriction is on multi-chip systems. Single CPUs and GPUs are allowed only. Here are the benchmarks that have been devised for Round 3.

According to this it looks like Titan Xp is fine but nothing bigger than a 7900X

I personally hope it stays that way. :P

Edited by Gunslinger

unfortunately HEDT core counts higher than 10 have not been officially released before the start of this round... so by default it's limited to what was available in retail on Aug 1st. Otherwise, there should not be a core count limit (using HEDT cpus, I think server-class cpus have always been excluded)

unfortunately HEDT core counts higher than 10 have not been officially released before the start of this round... so by default it's limited to what was available in retail on Aug 1st. Otherwise, there should not be a core count limit (using HEDT cpus, I think server-class cpus have always been excluded)

That ES/retail rule typically doesn't apply to the Pro OC side but we'll have to wait and see what their official response it.

• Administrators

Titan XP is allowed, Skylake X only up to 10 Cores. Sorry, but these are not available before 1st of august

P.S. Threadripper is not available worldwide as well at 1.08., so we have to disallow it as well

Edited by websmile

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

No server hardware at all, we always clearly says desktop hardware only unless stated otherwise. This topic gets that annoying that I really consider a proposal banning all server hardware from hwbot. No one needs this cr.. apart from business guys...

Edited by websmile

Maybe it would be simply easier to add "no server HW message" to the competition template... then it would be written for all stages of every comp = perfectly clear for everyone and no more repeating questions.

I know it is written in general rules, but obviously not everyone is familiar with them. Banning server HW completely (HW and GL ranking) would would kill most of the fun and motivation for some people (me included). Possibly it could have some negative consequences.

• Administrators

The stage rules are too long mostly, and some people do not bother to read them, I just had this at division 1 as excellent example. Nontheless I think this is OK, I did this for all divisions but it got lost for pro oc obviously. On the server issue we will never be on same opinion, for me it is like using a truck or a traktor at a formula 1 or nascar race

The stage rules are too long mostly, and some people do not bother to read them, I just had this at division 1 as excellent example. Nontheless I think this is OK, I did this for all divisions but it got lost for pro oc obviously. On the server issue we will never be on same opinion, for me it is like using a truck or a traktor at a formula 1 or nascar race

Well, I didn't realize that - too long rules list wouldn't look very good either. The problem is (no offense) people are lazy to search for general rules page hidden somewhere on the main hwbot site (not even on the esports). The support menu -> rules link on esports is empty placeholder btw.

I can accept server HW is not allowed for comppetitions, ok - different game, different rules, no problem. Global points... well, most of the rankings are/will be dominated by Threadripper / i7 / i9... so whatever. But do not dare to touch HW points :D :D I'm sure there are many people interested in the HW Masters league and for them benchmarking everything they can find is a must. And like half of the database is server HW... Also by banning server HW completely all the effort put into creating such a nice and complex database we have would be thrown out of the window.

Edited by havli