HWBOT Community Forums

Tzk - Athlon XP-M 2600+ (Barton) @ 2756MHz - 35sec 860ms SuperPi - 1M

Eisbaer798

@TerraRaptor
2x256mb Infineon "6A", Voltage 3.44V. These are probably relabeled Winbond Chips, that's why it scales that good. The Chips on the Sticks are HYB25D256809AT-6, the "AT-6" is important. You'll notice that these Infineon got the typical two round circles in the plastic, just like Winbond BH-5. My sticks scale past 260Mhz at 3.6V.  Bonus: You can get 256mb and 512mb Sticks for <10 bucks in germany... :D

Here's a pic of the chips:

_DSC9378_cut.thumb.jpg.ea294dfa4d1075c5afad8daea1127fab.jpg

I'm currently limited by cooling, voltage and FSB. The A7N8X just hits a wall at 248Mhz and becomes quite unstable above it. I was rather lucky to complete this 1M run...

Edited by Tzk

Yep, these look like typical winbond chips - not only circles in plastic but also metal "ears" on the side of the chips.

I guess all nf2 boards become unstable quickly beyond certain fsb frequency - it's not that you have a range of 10-15Mhz for fsb between light load and heavy load.

Hope to enter this stage this weekend too.

11 hours ago, Tzk said:

@TerraRaptor
2x256mb Infineon "6A", Voltage 3.44V. These are probably relabeled Winbond Chips, that's why it scales that good. The Chips on the Sticks are HYB25D256809AT-6, the "AT-6" is important. You'll notice that these Infineon got the typical two round circles in the plastic, just like Winbond BH-5. My sticks scale past 260Mhz at 3.6V.  Bonus: You can get 256mb and 512mb Sticks for <10 bucks in germany... :D

Here's a pic of the chips:

_DSC9378_cut.thumb.jpg.ea294dfa4d1075c5afad8daea1127fab.jpg

I'm currently limited by cooling, voltage and FSB. The A7N8X just hits a wall at 248Mhz and becomes quite unstable above it. I was rather lucky to complete this 1M run...

These are known chips.

Back in the day ... they were commonly used in Kingston Value Ram KVR333X64C25

... and they are Winbond BH-6

• Thanks 2

On 9/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, TASOS said:

These are known chips.

Back in the day ... they were commonly used in Kingston Value Ram KVR333X64C25

... and they are Winbond BH-6

I saw this thread and realised I had an OEM stick of Kingston DDR lying around; turns out it's KVR266X64C25/256 and it's Winbond. XD

• Haha 1