HWBOT Community Forums

Mythical tech - Core i3 7350K - 643 cb Cinebench - R15

Mythical tech

CC means dead slot, or dead ram stick. Seems you have determined its the inside slot and not a ram stick. You can use CRC QD electronics cleaner (or similar) and do a thorough cleaning of the cpu socket, and the dimm slots. Make sure to dry completely afterwords. If that doesn't fix it, then time for a new mobo.

@bigblock990sorry I replied through email and didn't see it due to only seeing the first half of the post. I received this motherboard from a retired overclocker and it didn't appear to have any insulation on it but I know for sure that it was run cold so maybe something shorted. He has a lot of dead m9 apexs (as you can see in the for sale thread of dead mobos) thank you bigblock and aero for the suggestion I will try that. Do you know if the x apex has this problem before I pick one up?

something to try but try at your own risk, ( just a suggestion, seems youve nothing to lose) i had a dead ram slot in an intel p45 dfi board, all the pins seemed good in the socket, (sprayed them too) then blew out with air gently, i used 1200 wet and dry paper in the ram slots back and forth lightly, a snug fit in the slot, not too tight, sprayed with electrical spray contact cleaner and blew it out with air, sprayed again and  blew out again, the slot came to life, not saying for 1 min this will work, but it worked for me, then i killed the board the next week ?