HWBOT Community Forums

Life of overclocking

rbuass

Video made in the meeting of Overclockers In São Paulo, day 19/02/2011, Rbuass showing its vgas deceased…

Before anyone has any thoughts, I'll talk about it:

I am so far to be a rich guy...and i effort myself to buy hardware.

Here I only can bench one VGA per time...

Thats true...and i can tell i never bench 2 Videocards both (SLI or Xfire) cause i have no money to buy 2 Videocards...to bench 3 or 4 VGA both is like a dream to me...but its impossible cause is very expensive to feed LN2 and hardware

Here...i buy only one...and try and try to get best scores ...and if is needed to kill the vga trying to beat very good benchs ...i will do...

I have no sponsors...i have no lots of money...but the Overclocking is the only thing i practice in my life

but overclocking is the only practical thing in my life, and work hard as an engineer to support my home and of course give love to my family.

I do not have a new car or nice (I have an old car), paid rent to live in my small apartment, do not leave the house for fun, do not buy clothes when not needed.

In short, I have no privilege and no extra expense that is not my hobby.

All the money spent Overclocked (hardware, LN2, etc.), I gain from selling computer parts for Brazilian consumers.

Here in my country, Overclocking made me become a person known and trusted, and so many people looking for me to buy parts of PCs (processors, motherboards, VGAs, etc.).

All the money spent on household expenses (food, paying bills, rent, etc.), I gained working as an engineer.

I really feel sad when i kill one vga, CPU, MB or any PCPart...

These cards is only the newer cards, but many others older (8800GTX, 8800 GTS, HD 4870, GTX 295, etc, etc) had the same fate ... ... that s a pity, but this can be normal for Extreme Overclocking (you know )...

I know guys that is sponsored with lots and lots of CPUs, VGAs, etc...but is not my case (i hope someday)

For now...i have no more VGA to bench (killed the last GTX 580 yesterday...after to get 1300/1270 Mhz Vantage...in the middle of benchmark...

Unfortunately I need to sell lots of PC Parts to brazilian customers to get money to buy another one...

I am working hard to do it

I am only saying this because many people can watch the video and think I'm a playboy full of money, not giving value to things, and really all I can come through much effort.

I will continue working to bring the art of overclocking to Brazil, to improve the technical conditions of the people of my country, to become more accessible parts of the computer to teach this art that I like so much so that others might also teach something some day

Sorry for the long post...and the broken english

Best regards for all

source

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4753956#post4753956

Edited by rbuass

Yes, it's a drug. we all love the thrill of seeing THAT score come up on screen after so many runs to get us there, a little bit more each time, then the rush to get CPU-Z and GPU-Z open and everything lined up for a screenshot before it crashes...

...and if someone has no idea what i'm talking about, they've never pushed it :)

Yes, it's a drug. we all love the thrill of seeing THAT score come up on screen after so many runs to get us there, a little bit more each time, then the rush to get CPU-Z and GPU-Z open and everything lined up for a screenshot before it crashes...

...and if someone has no idea what i'm talking about, they've never pushed it :)

That's what it is! Could not find better words! :)

• Crew

I feel and think like you Ronaldo, the hobby is very expensive in the south, and cant always have the latest technology for us, 580 GTX is a dream ., SLI 580GTX is impossible for our "empty pockets". ( 2x 580GTX = US 1600)

I hope you can quickly recover from the loss., I know it's hard but you can always count with me.

C'mon rbuass, don't give up it is what we like and we love.

Hugs my friend

Sw

Edited by Sweet

What about the thrill of having dismissed saving a great score in the hope you'll do better and then spending the next 5 hours trying to catch that score again :D

This happened to me tonight.... first score crashed while I was giving the file a name before saving it.... when I hit save on the 2nd-attempt screenshot it felt really good... when i hit save on the .3dr file... it felt REALLY good :D

Hehe first well optimised run is often the best :D ...many many times at Aquamark3 for me *dislike*

I'll have a question to ask you all:

How do you guys explain to the people asking why we play a "such useless stuff" ?

What are your arguments? How do you manage to convince them without appearing freaky stupid ? :(

My worst opponents being mainly IT ingeneers ^^

Adrenaline, competition..... feeling of achievement. It's fun (depending on how much hardware gets killed)!

Anyone can do anything in life and from the outside... people who don't understand don't care.... they don't feel the passion or the fire.

I could watch rugby and feel nothing... when players get broken bones, that would be a parallel to us killing hardware "why do it if that's the risk?"

The person does it because it feels right to them... or they get paid enough to deal with the downsides :P

:)

Hehe first well optimised run is often the best :D ...many many times at Aquamark3 for me *dislike*

I'll have a question to ask you all:

How do you guys explain to the people asking why we play a "such useless stuff" ?

What are your arguments? How do you manage to convince them without appearing freaky stupid ? :(

My worst opponents being mainly IT ingeneers ^^

My reply...

Why a man climb the Everest (dangerous and tired action)?

Why the man run a motorcycle about 200 M/hr and a risk of his life?

Why a boxer try to knock out another man?

Answer...cause man usualy try to find his limits...working...playing...competing...etc