HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feed the VGA from 12V1 and 12V2 I think you can reach almost 1600MHz. ~1500MHz only from 12V1 was possible though...

I confirmed with MSI and there will be special signs on the VGA's that will be send and also SN and GPU batches for every single card. This means no IHS removing and no lapping the IHS :)

OCP won't occur at 1450. Around 1550 (with matching voltage), it might ...

Since you're speculating anyway.. I think it won't.

1450 3dmark11 with a bad card, or 1550 with a good card; the difference should't be too much in terms of power usage. On both cards you'd need atleast 1.55v, so the only difference is in GPU clocks. Since the good card probably has a high quality / better GPU, it's likely the power usage should be roughly the same at maxed out clocks.

But again, all speculation until someone (Tin? :D) checks it out for real.

So I think the PSU is no problem... More worried about again having to bench crap memory at MOA. :(

Edited by ME4ME

Maybe you're right. It will be a close call, probably depending on the voltage finetuning. I used the Cooler Master Silent Pro with the Matrix 580 and got OCP at around 1635MHz (instant OCP, so maybe 1625 at high load scenery) at 1.6V. That PSU has these specs:

SilentProM1000_6.jpg

It's single rail 80A, not sure where the exact OCP is. If all cards are good cards (read: 1600-capable), there will be an issue. If they are just average (read: 1500-1550), there should be no issue.

Problem is also that you cannot use Control center, will they provide us some tool to rise bclk from win, because boot at high bclk on Msi board will be impossible...

rules:

http://msi-moa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&lang=en

part regarding using Control center:

For Task 1: SuperPI 32M, the CPU ratio will be fixed at most 50, and the software MSI Control Center cannot be installed and used. Judges will check this when soldiers submit their results.

Edited by Perica_barii

lol that's the way I like it, lots of challenges!!

The sad part of being on the first qualifier is not being able to have the same battle that you guys faced on each of the "operations"...

At Operation Las Vegas using Xpower + patriot memory + reference 580 didn't brought this challenges of fixed parameters or insufficient PSU =P but I don't complain, I know I would prefer to be on WW finals, but partying hard on Vegas is priceless

=)