HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3dmark01 ... oh no, PJ was that your idea?

It really makes no sense. Performance will be crap cause of Win7 and MSI EFI-Bios, and mostly it will be very much like a CPU benchmark. Oh well... only 3d11 will be fun then (32M not so much, cause of the traditional low-quality memorie used at MOA).

Personally, i'd rather run 3d03+3d11+32M ... or even Vantage :)

3dmark01 ... oh no, PJ was that your idea?

:cool:

I don't think so. Well, I recall mentioning 01 way back in February before EMEA, but that discussion didn't last for more than three or four lines.

It's an okay choice, I guess. Sandy Bridge is a difficult platform as foundation of an extreme OC competition. Also, don't forget that the MOA is all about % gain, so with the right formulas tweaking 01 might turn out to be important.

• Crew

NTU Sport Center seems nice area, was same space as last year, so plenty of room for all the competitors.

What do you think about the fact that OCTV is not present on world finals?

Being the one concerned... very very sad... especially becasue we did cover all the regional qualifiers...

I can't grasp it. Did something happen at the Euro finals ? Trouffman drinks too much ? Hopefully we will see good coverage,..., via the OC TV team....

Not from what we know actually. I don't drink too much I just love to party :D that dosen't change the coverage anyway ^^

There will be no coverage if we are not invited :S and a good coverage is important... especially for the aftermovie / video / live broadcast / update and see other OCers around the world too...

EDIT : We really want to see you guys and provide the OCers that stayed at home the most information about what is happening on stage :)

OCTV is out for MSI's choice, they want cover the event himself and until now the keep that position.

To be clear MSI is not brodacasting with OCTV but a local company, that is not the main problem as we can re-use the stream + add update, talk, special info and scores debate.... but for that we need to get invited there...

NB : To be 100% clear I'm not complaining about MSI choice not to broadcast with us, I just don't get why they invited us for all the regional qualifiers (America / EMEA / APAC) and not the WW final...

Hardware for the final is apparently:

Mainboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)

Graphics Card: MSI N580GTX Lightning

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

Memory: Kingston (TBD)

HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W

Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro

Mouse: Tt eSPORTS Black Gaming Mouse