HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wish is my command. So far, this is the info for the Grand Final. Only missing the team mates' names for the winners of the LOC contest and of course the winner of the hwbot final here.

Oh, anyone gonna stay after the event a bit longer to sight-see? I'm planning too, would be cool to know who's leaving when exactly!

3. MSI MOA Worldwide 2011 Grand Final

- Qualification: Combination of online qualification and live finals

- Final: October 6-9th, NTU Sport Center Taipei, Taiwan

- Link: tbd

- Judge: GiorgioPrimo

- Participants:

--- 12x Live qualifier: Romdominance/Splave (USA), Patch/Dentlord (USA), G H Z/Gautam (USA), Monstru/Matose (RO), Stelaras/Aristidis (GR), Slamms/Smoke (RU), Elmor/ME4ME (SE), BenchBros (DE), Cal930/Gyrock (JP), Oc_windforce/Littleboy (KR), Deanzo/Uncle.Fester (NZ/AU), Zolkorn/Audigy (TH)

--- 3x Online qualifier: Hondacity/? (USA), SuicidePhoenix/? (DE), IRIS/? (ID)

--- TBD: HWBOT

Other overclockers attending this event as press or audience: Mean Machine, Massman, Xyala

Oh, anyone gonna stay after the event a bit longer to sight-see? I'm planning too, would be cool to know who's leaving when exactly!

Last time I told you, I ended up at the same hotel as you. Not making the same mistake again.

To be more serious though, I'll probably stay till the 15th or so, celebrate my birthday in Taiwan.

List of overclockers by their global ranking

POL = Pro OC League

OCL = Overclockers League

POL-2	Smoke
POL-4	SuicidePhoenix
POL-6	Deanzo
POL-12	Matose
POL-13	BenchBros
POL-14	Slamms
POL-15	Gyrock
POL-18	Cal930
POL-22	Uncle.Fester
POL-26	Oc_windforce
POL-28	Elmor
POL-30	Littleboy
POL-33	Gautam
POL-38	Monstru
POL-40	Zolkorn

OCL-6	Splave
OCL-15	Aristidis
OCL-21	Patch
OCL-27	Hondacity
OCL-30	Stelaras
OCL-33	Dentlord
OCL-39	Romdominance
OCL-48	G H Z
OCL-58	Chew*
OCL-192	ME4ME
OCL-618	Audigy
OCL-1119	IRIS

7 - Europe

5 - Asia

4 - North America

0 - Africa

0 - Middle-East

0 - South America

DE - BenchBros

DE - SuicidePhoenix/Kurbel

GR - Stelaras/Aristidis

ID - IRIS/Coldest

JP - Cal930/Gyrock

KR - Oc_windforce/Littleboy

ME - Perica_barii/Quake

NZ/AU - Deanzo/Uncle.Fester

RO - Monstru/Matose

RU - Slamms/Smoke

SE - Elmor/ME4ME

TH - Zolkorn/Audigy

USA - Romdominance/Splave

USA - Patch/Dentlord

USA - G H Z/Gautam

USA - Hondacity/Chew*

Last year there was two south american teams on finals, this year we've got none... =(

All latin teams had serious issues with "politics" to go to the MOA Americas =( One qualified guy had his USA visa request rejected (as far I heard of his teammate), and my mobo and vga got confiscated by Brazil's customs... LOL only one team had real chances to take at least one OCer from south america, because his teammate didn't had his USA visa aproved as well but at least there was enough time to find a great American friend to team up with (so no more visa issues for them)...

I hope next year we have better luck on the qualifiers to get to the finals again... There's a lot of great Latin OCers we should conquer our space back next year! =)

For the qualified guys: have a lot of fun there!! For real!!

Also for our region ( Serbia,Montenegro,Croatia,Slovenia) there were no qualification for place on EU finals ,so our only hope is to get to final directly through online contest. This is second year in row that MSI is not holding any qualification for those countries, hope that they will reconsider their decision after our winning hwbot online competition, and taking our place at finals.

But russian office said that we will be must compensate for the difference in the tickets, if such be :D

Your office sounds really tight. Can't be too much difference in price though, but previously I think there was a "cap" at about 1000€ per european contestant. Since you'll probably be flying Aeroflot, I doubt price is a problem, getting there sounds like more of a gamble. :D