HWBOT Community Forums

3dmark03, i don’t get it...

Aurosonic

26 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

what does the subtest comparison tell you ? You won't get much info from 3dmark.com

Heres subtests comparisons. To me it looks like some kind of cheat. Ive tried to simulate same config with 3 cores active, no HT, same Windows 7, same cpu/gpu (although gpu frequency doesn’t affect scores much), and im still at around 250k points.

heres his result submitted on hwbot: https://hwbot.org/submission/4644564_nata_58_3dmark03_geforce_rtx_3080_280015_marks

6C5FDF36-5AE3-43C3-B2A1-DA3AABF99FCA.jpeg

C703D76A-0EF6-4C23-9471-FCD77C5525C1.jpeg

Found an issue! Who would have thought that forcing off v-sync in nvidia control panel could lead to such perfomance drop when it's usually improves it by removing limits.

It's the first benchmark with such issue in my experience.

Here's v-sync forced off:

2.PNG.a94d69945a8a64c566ca5d4dd269ee40.PNG

And here's by apllication default:

1.PNG.3e583223e75b52a67b9b42239c95a71d.PNG

15 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Why is it that when you don't know the tweaks, it is always 'some kind of cheat'? 9_9

Cuz for someone tweaks means cheats :) Under the "cheat" i ment unknown tweak or some kind of settings issue. In my opinion: when someone knows how to tweak system and don't share tweaks with others - some kind of cheating :) Although it's not

• Confused 1