HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z690 Tachyon

14 hours ago, sergmann said:

I hope you are happy now.

+-? it stuck on AORUS boot screen(F12,Del,End) or after many ... many attempts to log in to the bios on AORUS boot screen&99code after save&exit.

can you make a variant of BIOS from your 12system by fptw64?

Edited by BOBKOC

Can you boot with default settings?

i can make profiles but it doesn’t help you because our hardware is different and if you are not able to start your system something is wrong in your settings. Maybe they are some USB devices which makes it harder to start directly. I have only PS2 keyboard and mouse on my system ?

2 hours ago, sergmann said:

Can you boot with default settings?

no, i need miracle try to enter in Bios & CSM on to boot and after save&exit = stop on  AORUS boot screen

have only PS2 keyboard and mouse on my system

same thing with PS2 keyboard only & no USB

i can make profiles but

not a profile but a bios like https://community.hwbot.org/topic/210084-gigabyte-z690-tachyon/?do=findComment&comment=629314

Edited by BOBKOC

1 hour ago, BOBKOC said:

no, i need miracle try to enter in Bios & CSM on to boot and after save&exit = stop on  AORUS boot screen

same thing with PS2 keyboard only & no USB

not a profile but a bios like https://community.hwbot.org/topic/210084-gigabyte-z690-tachyon/?do=findComment&comment=629314

x6d for you with default settings loaded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOdTsYlHk4BD4CVA49kl6QB6TKQllR3T/view?usp=share_link

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sergmann said:

x6d for you with default settings loaded

1. Now, after flash by fpt - no problem to start & enter to BIOS ... but

a) any chages in bios(ex. mouse speed 1х to 3х) = stop on  AORUS boot screen(99code)

b) after, аny buttons(CMOS_SW,LIMP_Mode,RTY_SW) = stop on  AORUS boot screen(99code)

c)  flash F21 by Q-flash plus it back to life again with no problem.

Edited by BOBKOC

Really strange what your board do. You can flash bios one more time and don’t change settings for mouse speed. Only adjust CPU frequency microcode 0x15, deactivate e-cores and adjust Vcore. Check if it works. I don’t have such problems with flash or something else ?

and please, if you was able to start with x6d, reflash bios one more time. Maybe your flash method in os don’t work very well

Edited by sergmann

13 hours ago, sergmann said:

Only adjust CPU frequency microcode 0x15, deactivate e-cores and adjust Vcore. Check if it works

it works(+-) after [F21+MEupdate16.1.25.2020] + [x6dZ690@default.bin(16M) by FPT with noME_&_save by FPT(32M)] + Q-flash plus(by saved FPT(32M))  & only with CSM -OFF

Spoiler

image.jpeg.dceb3713650d136fd0a12e7840ca2063.jpeg

if then CSM-On = it stuck on AORUS boot screen

Edited by BOBKOC

but if it stuck on aorus logo, do you able to restart and go into the bios?

my upload was created with default settings and also csm off, but usually I use only csm-off and never have had these problems before.

I think it`s the problem with your bios flash, I don`t flash bios via OS, sometimes it helps to remove power, remove battery and after it power on, cmos install battery ;)

in the first post is now X6f bios with my profiles for 12900k and AVX512 (A- and M-die)

Flashed in Bios without any problems, cmos clean, limp, restart, retry everything works fine. Microcode selection is only visible with 12th gen CPU`s!

@BOBKOC

If you will still have problems, I don`t know what you do wrong or it`s your hardware what makes so many problems.

maybe it`s your GPU which makes so many problems, please try differen GPU and DONT FLASH Bios in OS!!!

B3868756-77D0-444D-A157-D773A2A6C982.jpeg

6E0FDCCB-1889-475A-8590-00B70AD7E2F0.jpeg

Edited by sergmann
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sergmann said:

or it`s your hardware what makes so many problems.

F21 = no problem & X4b = no problem if start, X6d(512)=1big problem; X6d,X6f - I haven' t tried that yet

all attempts by Q-flash plus

Edited by BOBKOC

5 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

FYI X6 BIOS broke XP support, hang on AE no matter what image I tried, either on 12th or 13th gen. When I flipped to backup BIOS chip on X3K everything worked again. Not sure where support was broken, maybe after X4?

I‘ll test it today at the evening after I’m back from office but don’t think that new bios don’t have support for XP.

i use same bios on z790 and it works fine with 13th gen for XP

I don’t know what exactly you do differently. I can boot with 12900k and 13900k (es) without any problems and also enable CSM to boot into XP. Everything still works like it should.

if you can’t see bios with GPU in first slot, put the card in the second slot, create your profile and restart. Power off system put GPU in the first slot and start system 

0139DD33-05F6-4325-BA3A-392376FE4398.jpeg

Second board flashed von x3i to X6f with 12600k, microcode 0x15 selected, it works without any issues.

980ti in second slot

A3CADB51-3736-40E5-A326-9361A91B0F80.jpeg

same board switched from 12600k to 13900k and changed GPU, GPU in the first slot and it works 

AF6270B2-5DC8-490F-A6CF-FCF9A4E24742.jpeg

Edited by sergmann

18 hours ago, sergmann said:

XF6 without any problems and also enable CSM

Can you make it by fpt version XF6 with avx512&CSM-on? because I don't load at all after Q-flash plus & it doesn't matter on 6900XT or 980ti.

Edited by BOBKOC

2 hours ago, BOBKOC said:

Can you make it by fpt version XF6 with avx512&CSM-on? because I don't load at all after Q-flash plus & it doesn't matter on 6900XT or 980ti.

take the bios and flash it in bios directly. I think most of your problems comes from flashing the bios in OS.

As soon bios is flashed, change p-core settings and select microcode, more isn`t necessary.

If you can`t see bios or something hangs, please put your gpu in second slot, create profile save it and start system. After reboot go in the bios power off system switch GPU to first slot and let it run.

I got same problem with my GTX 285, it was necessary to activate csm, without it wasn`t possible to see something, but with activated csm everything is fine.

1 hour ago, sergmann said:

take the bios and flash it in bios directly

1. I always use first Q-flash plus & no FPT!!!

2. And what I'm asking you is the last option to get working X6f(it does not allow to enter the bios after Q-flash plus)

3. F21 - don't have any problems, besides the absence of avx512? can you do it in the bios F21?

Edited by BOBKOC

if you have one old small gpu ala GT710 put this one in the last slot, with thig GPU I never have had these problems like you have. Create profile, remove GPU from last slot and put your XT6900 in the first slot and let it run.

one more time!

Don`t use your program to flash bios in OS, with it you can destroy more as you want to do!