HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z690 Tachyon

hello , i have some issue with Z690Tachyon /13900k/kingston6400cl32...  after i loaded the memory profile for M-die ( from first post),  board now behave strage , after i shut off the psu from power switch and start sistem again  at boot will not post  and debug display led is off , all led´s on mb  lit , fan spring but no post , after ~ 15 secondss if i pres again power button from MB starts  normally .

i updated again X4b bios and F20 ( from official website) via Q-Flash from bios or via dedicated usb flash back port , but  same issue ..

what i did wrong ?

Edited by nachtfalke

4 hours ago, nachtfalke said:

hello , i have some issue with Z690Tachyon /13900k/kingston6400cl32...  after i loaded the memory profile for M-die ( from first post),  board now behave strage , after i shut off the psu from power switch and start sistem again  at boot will not post  and debug display led is off , all led´s on mb  lit , fan spring but no post , after ~ 15 secondss if i pres again power button from MB starts  normally .

i updated again X4b bios and F20 ( from official website) via Q-Flash from bios or via dedicated usb flash back port , but  same issue ..

what i did wrong ?

I had something similar after playing around with  too much ram settings. cleared cmos disconnected SSD flashed the latest bios from official website. had to redo bios flash twice before i had those bugs out of my Tachyon on a completely clean USB. using single bios option set.

Edited by Matsglobetrotter

i mesured the bios battery CR032-3V and was 3,1V so i change it with brand new one  3,3v  but same issue , so before  was all ok  thats way can´t be my PSU or other hw parts ,   is something that change in the bios ..anyway  after 3 years of  xoc pause i touch for first  time in last 3 years  an xoc board ,  cpu is not really good as the x4b bios say only 79 biscuits ,  test are  on cascade cooling !

i have only one stick of DDR5 , as i wanted A-Die , i brought that stick only to start the platform 

wPrime_1024M_24.133.jpg

wPrime_32M_1.35.jpg

Edited by nachtfalke

On 11/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, nachtfalke said:

what i did wrong ?

Hi, did you solve this issue? I have the same problem.

Update bios for several times till you saw " bios update do not turn off or reset mainboard" or something like that , thats happend after you flash the bios via bios flash back , after update mainboard will starts from alone and give you that message , just waiting finish the update and all will starts normal .

I think some oc settings pushed to limits in the ddr tab will corrupte partial the firmware. 

But nothing bad just patience.

Edited by nachtfalke

At the moment I can’t upload any bios versions with support for your GPU and AVX512 Support for 12th Gen CPU’s. You can choose x5 for better Mem performance and your GPU but without AVX512.

as soon it will be possible to upload bios with all features, I’ll do it. But nobody can say how it will be possible, at the moment it doesn’t work!

you can try to modify x5 bios by yourself to have AVX512 and support for your GPU.

But be careful, I have tested it with another bios and couldn’t start my system with 12gen CPU, this is why I don’t create x5 bios with AVX512!