HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z690 Tachyon

Just for Info!

If someone flash X4b bios with 12xxx CPU after flashing, load bios defaults, only after it you shold change CPU.

Don`t switch CPU directly after flashing and press cmos!! System will hangs and can`t start. After you have started it first time, you can of course press cmos button.

For all who want to test A-Die on Z690, here is my 8200 start profile: Z690 + 13900k A-Die profile

Please check voltage section for Mem!!! My green a-die need high voltage to work, in my profile it set to 1,65v!!!

Edited by sergmann
  • Like 1

That was just surprising why it went to Z790 and not on Z690, I like to check that myself;). And after the graphics card came today, it was a good opportunity.
I use the same BIOS that is in the first post, as soon as Z790 thread is finished, it will also be uploaded there;)

• Like 1

Just now, sergmann said:

Just for Info!

If someone flash X4b bios with 12xxx CPU after flashing, load bios defaults, only after it you shold change CPU.

Don`t switch CPU directly after flashing and press cmos!! System will hangs and can`t start. After you have started it first time, you can of course press cmos button.

For all who want to test A-Die on Z690, here is my 8200 start profile: Z690 + 13900k A-Die profile

Please check voltage section for Mem!!! My green a-die need high voltage to work, in my profile it set to 1,65v!!!

Thanks bro ?

Thanks bro ?

Edited by spit051261

Trying to update the bios to x4b.

But keep getting stuck on the; bios is reset screen. Cannot use the keyboard or mouse then.

I can boot to windows, NP,  but not able to enter bios. Ps2 or usb keyboard doesn't make a difference. Both unresponsive.

Clear CMOS does not help either.

Tried flashing to the official bios F20 and using Q flash after that with renamed bios file. Both x4b with or without avx, keep giving me the same problem.

It seems I cannot enter the bios with the x4b whatsoever.

Using a 12900ks.  No raptors yet. 

16670587040671412629182044139039.jpg

Edited by 5erveD
Add screen

49 minutes ago, 5erveD said:

Trying to update the bios to x4b.

But keep getting stuck on the; bios is reset screen. Cannot use the keyboard or mouse then.

I can boot to windows, NP,  but not able to enter bios. Ps2 or usb keyboard doesn't make a difference. Both unresponsive.

Clear CMOS does not help either.

Tried flashing to the official bios F20 and using Q flash after that with renamed bios file. Both x4b with or without avx, keep giving me the same problem.

It seems I cannot enter the bios with the x4b whatsoever.

Using a 12900ks.  No raptors yet. 

16670587040671412629182044139039.jpg

Can you go into the bios with another bios versions? If yes, load defaults, restart and flash x4b Bios after it from Bios directly. My KS is now in my 24systen, is a little bit difficult to test it ?

@sergmann  @BOBKOC

Let me try your suggested ideas. Will get back to in a few moments.

Edit;

Flashed a older bios, select default and updated the bios inside the bios.

All good! The able to go into the bios and alter the settings but after using settings which will not boot and I clear CMOS it will boot up again but still hangs again at the bios is reset screen. I can use mouse to press the ok button but then it hangs.

No way to get into the bios again except flashing again trough Q-flash.

Kinda a PITA when trying to tune mem ?

Edit 2:

Even after flashing again with the same bios x4b it gets stuck at the bios reset/clear CMOS screen and freezes.

Will revert back to a known good bios for now. Hoping you are able to help out on this later.

Cheers!

Edited by 5erveD

5 hours ago, 5erveD said:

@sergmann  @BOBKOC

Let me try your suggested ideas. Will get back to in a few moments.

Edit;

Flashed a older bios, select default and updated the bios inside the bios.

All good! The able to go into the bios and alter the settings but after using settings which will not boot and I clear CMOS it will boot up again but still hangs again at the bios is reset screen. I can use mouse to press the ok button but then it hangs.

No way to get into the bios again except flashing again trough Q-flash.

Kinda a PITA when trying to tune mem ?

Edit 2:

Even after flashing again with the same bios x4b it gets stuck at the bios reset/clear CMOS screen and freezes.

Will revert back to a known good bios for now. Hoping you are able to help out on this later.

Cheers!

You know LIMP button? If something don`t work, press LIMP button and you should be able to start with default settings without cmos ;)

I haven`t tested this bios with KS, only a few times with 13900k/kf and 12900k.

you can try my profiles, they are here in thread but I`ll upload it also on the first page.

with 12900k I was able to start 7200 without any problems my m-die profile, for A-Die it was 7600

Edited by sergmann
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, sergmann said:

Not sure if it’s only on z690 different to z790 but on z790 SLI is activated for GTX590

EE331FC3-0C16-401D-9003-145D9A64FDF0.jpeg

Cards with onboard PLX chips are different than ones without, I think if you put 2 x GTX580 in the system you will find different results to 1 x 590. It has something to do with the board not having an SLI license and also CSM mode being rquired I think.

9 hours ago, sergmann said:

You know LIMP button? If something don`t work, press LIMP button and you should be able to start with default settings without cmos ;)

I haven`t tested this bios with KS, only a few times with 13900k/kf and 12900k.

you can try my profiles, they are here in thread but I`ll upload it also on the first page.

with 12900k I was able to start 7200 without any problems my m-die profile, for A-Die it was 7600

Yes.

Limp has no influence.

I just cannot get into the bios not matter what. I get the same clear CMOS screen over and over and it freezes when trying to click the ok button so it goes into bios. When not present del for the bios I can go into windows no problem.

Thank you for your profiles but i cannot even select them so no joy.

The only way to get out of this impasse is by flashing a older bios via Q-flash again and the flash new bios. But then same story. 

The only thing I got left to try is the other bios chip. I used the B chip for this and left the A chip untouched so I still had my profiles. Maybe the second bios chip is a fault or something. I don't think so but you never now untill you try. 

Will try in a few moments 

Flash same bios like your first one to b-bios, save you profiles from main bios to usb und upload it to backup bios. It should works without any problems. After it you can try main bios Chip,  but I’m not sure if it will works better.

how is the position of your bios switches? Have you selected single bios or dual bios?