HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT 2023 Operation Clean Sweep

Leeghoofd

• Crew

As some of you noticed a lot of drama has been ongoing about certain team loosing a lot of points and some even dropping a few spots in the ranking.

It seems some think this was a premeditated act to achieve the above and to mess around.  I think we all have better things to do as a there is still a lot of work to do. Biggest issue was this was implemented without any checks of the moderation Team.

The point/competition algorithms are for 90% based on a totally new code and this means a lot of old bugs of the original point system have been finally adressed.

Sadly as with everything in the semi conductor world new code usually means a few new bugs will pop up and these will also need also to be fixed asap.

So what happened over the last weeks and mainly the final weekend of October 2023.

1) When a user quits HWBOT and decides to delete his account, the subs were not deleted but remained active for the Team he was active in. These scores would carry the Team Name. Over 8000 of those subs have been removed

We decided to remove all these subs as there is no trace of the existing user and this person decided to remove his account anyway. 

2) A lot of benchmarks had no more support and were easily buggable, think of AIDA64, Realbench, the infamous software hacked PCMark05,...

It was decided years ago to no longer give any points for these benchmarks but to keep the ranking intact.
The individual boints were already removed a long time ago, but the teams still got Global and/or Hardware Team Power Points.

DEMAC05.png

mrpaco.png

3) Number three might seem weird but Teams still received GTPP and HTPP points for a few removed benchmarks, this is something Tim discovered while going trough the code...

I myself don't recall either but some benchmarks, of the pre Cinebench R15 era, were removed, but  Team points were still in the points tables for  these non-existing benchmarks.

4) The "Edit your score bug" has been resolved, but till a few weeks back editing your score always gave the maximum of points per benchmark. Also these were also not always picked up when recalculating the benchmarks.

5) The merging of "With BenchMate" with the original benchmarks still had several double point counts.

Meaning a user would still could have points for the "with benchmate benchmark" and the original benchmark category, so Happy hour of Hwbot points. These scores have been merged now or nullified. Hopefully Tim caught them all...

wBM.png

6) Still ongoing are a lot of subs that need manually editing as either the CPU or GPU model are missing, these are in general pre-2009 submissions, but we still need to go through over 5500  of these manually

Below is a comparison so one has an idea of how big the impact of the aforementioned actions is on some ideas. We are referring to removed points, not submissions

Lastupdate.png

Ofcourse loosing points is never a fun thing, people have invested time and money to get these subs in. But in all fairness many Team Power points were incorrectly added to the Team total and this for years and years..  It was high time to address all this so that in 2024 all point code is correctly functioning.

More things on the list of Tim:

- The old "you lost, gained" hardware points will be added again to the profile wall

- Deleting Team subs will be added to the Team Captain role

- More transparent display of point changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

What was the result of the operation clean sweep , for the (lets say) top 10 teams ?

Which team lost what kind of points and where ?

xxx points from inactive benchmarks
xxx points from deleted user accounts
xxx points from duplicate results

Is operation clean sweep terminated ? ... or are there any leftovers ?
I didn't see any hwbot prime mention. :D

All i want to know is , if the current rankings are correct.

p.s.

Will team captains gain access to any kind of control regarding future point issues ?

I really wish there was a way to brake the language barrier and help you all (hwbot stuff and programmer included) to get introduced into the Greek traditional folk art.

It would have been very beneficial to all of you.

But ... i cant make that happen.

So , just enjoy the visuals only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1