Results will be like that for each kit:

ddr2challenger.png

Test system:

Asus Rampage Formula

Intel Core2Duo E8400

Windows XP

SuperPi 1M

To valid a frequency or timings they have to successfully pass SuperPi 1M

It's not as impressive as the SDRam Challenge because I haven't such an amount of DDR2 memory :( . But test results may surprise you ;)

You can read the full test here at Ocaholic.ch

Edited by Christian Ney

wow 2.6v and stock alu cooler?

Yup that's Ballistix Tracer 16fd17 something like that. I can rise a bit again bit doesn't really improve a lot over this voltage.

It's becoming difficult to run Spi at this range but 1M @700 is reachable... for 32M I'm sure I'd need too loose timings

UD3P is the only P45 mobo I get over 666. Noway Chris, I keep them ;)

okay this is getting sick.

The Kingston ValueRam Memory is smashing Corsair Dominator GT

fyi: KVR Specs : 266 MHz 4-4-4-12 1.8v

fyi: Dominator GT : 533 Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.1v

Corsair did only 479 Mhz @ 4-4-4-12 while Kingston did 533 Mhz. fyi 533 MHz is 2 x 266 MHz which is 2 x the SPD of the memory and that without any heatspreader or cooling system.

Kingston KVR results:

kvr.png

superpif.jpg

:crying: the 200 € Dominator GT kit I bought is smashed by Value Memory I found at the dump

hum true the OCZ Reaper aren't with D9GMH, I found D9GMH on i4memory.

According to OCZ there is 89 % being Elpida

And I am quite sure the Dominator GT aren't D9 too but according to Corsair's Ram Guy yes...

And with my skill on removing memory HeatSpreader I will not try to check the IC

EDIT: I spammed OCZ, Kingston and Corsair on the Forum and by technical support to know the IC used, Wait&See

Edited by Christian Ney

• Crew

No way those Dominator GT are D9GMH, maybe another sort of D9, but probably they are ProMOS or PSC. That's why the Kingston value RAM is performing better, it's only about the chips.

Also, 1M is a pretty meaningless memory test. Sorry. ;)

Can you try the lowest voltage you need for 32M at 400 3-3-3-9, 500 4-4-4-12 and 600 5-5-5-15 with the HZ?

In fact I chose 1M that is around 16-20s long to have ~stable freq for superpi 1M oc or pifast.

I dont think all people are running 32M with same 1M's freq and timings. Here its not about H24 freq and timings. Here its about to sort memory chips/kit if they are bad for 1M there will be bad too for 32M.

Yes I can do the lowest voltage need for 32M with the HZ.

EDIT: Who want the Dominator GT btw ? Or I will bury them next to the P4C800-E Deluxe, maybe next year I will have a mother nature's computer -.-

Edited by Christian Ney

Can you try the lowest voltage you need for 32M at 400 3-3-3-9, 500 4-4-4-12 and 600 5-5-5-15 with the HZ?

400 MHz 3-3-3-9 need 2.04v

500 MHz 4-4-4-12 need 2.06v

600 5-5-5-15, Impossible with the HZ to set timing >= 5 But they run SuperPi 32M @ 630 MHz 4-4-4-4 and need 2.66v

EDIT: Here is 593 MHz 4-4-4-5 with 2.6v

screenshot002go.png

Edited by Christian Ney