HWBOT Community Forums

Canceled projects -AMD Helium pot

SF3D

Hi!

Now, when I have time to look back in time, I found one thing, that I want to share with you fellow overclockers.

There was a golden era not that long time ago, when helium was flowing and nothing was too cold to handle. We were benching like mad and nothing was impossible!

tank.jpg

updating.jpg

There was perfect helium design in my head and I did some prototypes.

Helium%20pot%20%281%29.jpg

Helium%20pot%20%282%29.JPG

There was ment to be vented pressure plate holding helium gas in the bottom.

There was grooves which was ment to direct helium gas in to right direction and cool as much surface area as possible.

The helium gas pipe was ment to go in to the center like you can see from pictures.

Gas would come out from sides through pressure plate.

This pot works very well with ln2 as well, but the inflection point is more versatile.

Maybe someday helium will flow again and this pot will be there to destroy some records ;)

Bulldozer!!!

Edited by SF3D

Hmm..no one got the hint, that BD will be cold bug free like Phenom II. Or no one cares about that.. haha.

Those blue gloves were really needed with the helium pipe. -269C° was too much even for my finnish skin.

Hmm..no one got the hint, that BD will be cold bug free like Phenom II. Or no one cares about that.. haha.

Those blue gloves were really needed with the helium pipe. -269C° was too much even for my finnish skin.

yes we know amd has no bug :D

i hope they don't die easily...

yes we know amd has no bug :D

i hope they don't die easily...

You can not say "AMD has no bug", cause it is some certain architechture, which does not have the cold bug. Every minor change in architechture could turn this thing upside down.

Well, helium or not, it will be fun again!

• 1 month later...