HWBOT Community Forums

New benchmark suggested

Hi there

I just want to give you my idea.

I don't know how to prevent from cheaters, but it could be a great thing if there is a competition on LCC.

For example, on XS, a lot of guys try Spi32M low clock challenge.

I thought awarding this by cups (no hwboints) could be a good thing.

To be continued ;)

Hi there

I just want to give you my idea.

I don't know how to prevent from cheaters, but it could be a great thing if there is a competition on LCC.

For example, on XS, a lot of guys try Spi32M low clock challenge.

I thought awarding this by cups (no hwboints) could be a good thing.

To be continued ;)

Are you talking about Spi?Like hwbot low clock?

We can make it on Spi, but there is 3DM01 LCC challenge and of course we can make it with other benchmarks ;) But hte idea is here, the goal is not to make a high score but a real optimized score.

This will give a chance to people wo don't have a lot of money to have some fun (and cups :P)

with LCC challenges, you have to have a verification method otherwise it is too open to cheating. good faith works over at XS in our thread, but on HWBot? come on. one way is to include in submission rules a digital photo of the benchmark mid stride (loop 20 or something) with CPU-Z open. all that would be required is a photo of the run at loop 20, with the iteration times being visible as well as CPU-Z. it is harder to photoshop a photo...still possible i guess but at least a deterrent.

yes having CPU-Z open will hinder the run, but if everyone has to have CPU-Z open for the run, it is still fair.

just my $.02

This won't work - modern day ASUS ROG motherboards, such as Rampage Extreme, have on-board physical controls to change the FSB on-the-fly. It could be changed after the very first iteration so there wouldn't be visible descrepancies.

You just need a buddy on ROG controls while you're filming :D We would be better off with a repaired validator of SuperPI. Could hwbot programmers fix that?

All in all this is a no go.