HWBOT Community Forums

This ram is sick!

Not sure if the Samsung 30nm ram flu has struck hwbot yet, but since I have not read about it here, I might as well post it :).

The original topic is posted on Xtremesystems, but also other overclocking results are appearing for example on the dutch community: tweakers.net

The power of this ram is that it costs almost nothing (in NL €18 for 4gb) and it overclocks way better than average. If it is not for the fun, you should still buy it because it is so cheap.

The ram we are talking about is the new samsung 30NM ram with code number: M378B5273DH0-CH9 OR M379B5273DH0-YK0

The last one (YK0) is low profile ram, and it looks like it is not sold in europe. The first one (CH9) is of normal form factor and overclocks just as good.

Now I saw several reports of good ocing in this ram, and I thought I might as well buy it just for fun. Well in 10 minutes after I installed them in my Sandy system I received 2240mhz 9-11-10-30-1T on only 1.53V with 1.05VTT voltage.

Also here a submit of 1320mhz ram on lynnfield with this ram.

Oh yeah, and remember. Default specs are 1333 mhz 9-9-9-24 1.55V

Will do some more finetuning, but this is just so cool for €18 ram :D

D-series Samsung and 2Gbit BFRs Hynix show very impressive results for the modules of their density ... which makes them very good el-cheapo 24/7 mems (if you need more than 4Gb, that is). But for benching - pleeeeeease. You can find lots of PSC, BBSE or even Hypers for decent money these days if you bother to look around.

• 6 months later...