HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark low result with wrapper, better result without wrapper - fix

I.M.O.G.

Is there a known fix for low result on XP with aquamark wrapper, and higher result running aquamark directly?

On 8800 series card, I know I've gotten good scores in the past on XP with these cards, but I don't remember if I was still getting higher without wrapper.

On a pretest run, the difference was about 50K. Results reproducible, and I think I've seen this discussed elsewhere in this forum before.

FIX

When the wrapper launches the benchmark it launches a couple additional tasks you can view in task manager. Set these additional tasks to one core affinity and low priority. Score through wrapper is then equal to running aquamark directly. Alt+Tab out of aquamark to enter task manager and apply affinity/priority on other tasks.
Edited by I.M.O.G.

Thanks for the confirmation. I think I've done a fresh install before to get around it. This time it appeared to be happening since the first run, although I did run AM3 a few times while pulling temps down and before having clocks fully up, so it could have gotten the good runs out before I had my clocks up.

Anyone with an approach that doesn't involve an OS reinstall?

Thanks for the input. We need to find something on this. It's mainly just a hassle to do a fresh OS install each time we want to run it - once ran a few times the wrapper is murdering the scores like genieben mentioned.

I ended up running it under win7, and the wrapper was scoring about 420K there, however I'm still missing 10-20K because I can't get the wrapper producing proper scores on XP SP3.

Tried again today on the 9800 GTX... Win7 producing the same lower scores I was getting on XP SP3. Will have to get a fresh OS install going to get "real" aquamark scores unless someone else has another solution.

Full XP SP3 here as well. (trying to avoid weirdness)

I can do a mini test if ATI has the problem as well as NVIDIA - I never paid attention when it does it before. Seems like everything, but then I've mostly only been benching NVIDIA stuff. Next up is a 4870, so we'll see if it sucks or not.

@Crusty: I have deleted directcpl.dll before, and it did fix some problem, but I forget what. :)

Edited by I.M.O.G.

I noticed some issues with wrapper today as well....no problems in 7 64 when I was in that OS.

Problems came with:

Clean install XP sp3

GTX 580

Z77

After I install the hwbot version of AM3, bench runs in slowmo or "slower" and oddly enough cpuz will hang on opening. Maybe its related to something else I missed, but for now seems wrapper is causing some weirdness with my setup in XP. 01 runs fins on same os with same HW btw.

Edited by k|ngp|n

Thanks for input Vincent. (my phone autocorrected vince to Vincent lol)

We can fix your hang, cpuz hangs only for a minute or two at startup, due to .net4 ngen service - disable that service, reboot, and cpuz hang will be gone. That comes from am3 installing .net4.

Win7 64 looked better to me with 4870, scored in right ballpark. May need to go back and test 7-64 on NVIDIA more... But always seemed like xp was better with old NVIDIA drivers.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

I noticed some issues with wrapper today as well....no problems in 7 64 when I was in that OS.

Problems came with:

Clean install XP sp3

GTX 580

Z77

After I install the hwbot version of AM3, bench runs in slowmo or "slower" and oddly enough cpuz will hang on opening. Maybe its related to something else I missed, but for now seems wrapper is causing some weirdness with my setup in XP. 01 runs fins on same os with same HW btw.

Hey Vince!

Here is the solution for your issue: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37114

So far I could not solve my slow runs.

I can't reproduce on radeon. Works fine.

I see vince just submitted a pretty good 580 aquamark, which appears to be on xp. I didn't compare it with other scores to see if his efficiency is right or if its screwey.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

• 1 month later...

I.M.O.G have you been able to fix the low bug scores in xp ? or you still have the same problem as most of us with this wrapper ? Im having exactly the same issues as you to the point i dont run AM3 anymore i give up due to the bug in the wrapper giving low scores while using xp 32bit in nvidia cards. Any help or guidance will be trully appreciated.

Kind Regards: Angelo.

( http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?p=204359#post204359 ) here its my post.

I found no solution yet Angelo. However I got hitched a couple weeks ago, and with preparing for the wedding I haven't hardly benched since this thread really. I'm not out of the game though, just been real busy. Getting a 150L fill this week, and will be turning back to some of the older nvidia cards I haven't fully benched yet. Aquamark is one of the most valuable benches for old nvidia cards on 3770K, so I'll be trying some different things to get it going.

I'll post back here if I figure it out.

I found no solution yet Angelo. However I got hitched a couple weeks ago, and with preparing for the wedding I haven't hardly benched since this thread really. I'm not out of the game though, just been real busy. Getting a 150L fill this week, and will be turning back to some of the older nvidia cards I haven't fully benched yet. Aquamark is one of the most valuable benches for old nvidia cards on 3770K, so I'll be trying some different things to get it going.

I'll post back here if I figure it out.

Hey congratulations on the wedding :) welcome to the club ! Thanks for replying , you have been the only kind soul around here to post back to me , thank you , not even the mods or MM wants to chip in on this tragic subject of bugged wrapper :rolleyes: ,if i find a solution i will let you know too , again thank you for the quick reply.

Kind Regards: Angelo.

• 1 month later...

Same problem for me 2weeks ago, and no soltuion... I was thinking at on OS issue, but looking at this thread it seems that's is a wrapper trouble.

Without wrapper ( wrapper install but launch aqua.exe manualy) everything works. This wrapper is a shame, need to install a lot of componement (fw3.5-4.0 ...), and cause a lot of issue :(