HWBOT Community Forums

[GIGABYTE-Z77] DDR Issue report

Hicookie

I certainly hope it will....!

BTW; Once again, thank you le cookie, for listening to the community, its much appreciated that you take note of feedback and allow Gigabyte to work on it.

We've had quite an era of "its your fault" by another staff member, also present in this thread ;)

you know i will sue you in your own country if you don't stop calling me a staff member. This is a public proper warning, the last one, and a formal one. If you persist when I will be left with no choice but to write more asrock reviews.

Edited by sin0822

you know i will sue you in your own country if you don't stop calling me a staff member. This is a public proper warning, the last one, and a formal one. If you persist when I will be left with no choice but to write more asrock reviews.

You know, it could just as well have been dinos22 from the choice of my words, but you thought it was for you - I wonder why.... Got anything you wish to share?

- Also, please take note, some of your posts are against the law here, more specific §267, however, I dont mind taking on a cunt, and I do not threat with bunnyextraction without actually following through - Im not a so-called chickenshit, you know, the kind you can identify yourself as.

- BUT please, can you send me a PM if you wish further OT???? I dont really see how this is relevant for everyone else, hicookie is trying to help out the community.

Edited by M.Beier

I just say same as Beier (not all) ,.....thanks to Hicookie,to start this thread.

I try today again F12e for UP5......just didn't "go" as F12c.....boot only once with slew 4 with samsung to 2666....wtf.

Edit:

I must make a "Video" and send to relevant GB people.........again....

It's so hard to adjust BIOS for memory as Asus or Asrock?

Edited by stasio

Stasio it really would be odd if you were 100% agreeing on my point of view, that would be a little too much bromance :P

I must admit, I dont really find it more or less difficult on different boards, some have more settings than others though - but, I cant rate the 'difficulity', its all a matter of rutine and what one is used to.

Its a very very nice change(or, return to old priorities?) that Hicookie has now been allowed to reach out for the end-users investigating the problems and bugs, after all, we are 'free' workforce, and will help the company making the product even better.

• Crew

Looking at your Corsair Dimms PJ I have my doubts it they are Hynix based. Look at the tRAS, yours can be seriously tightened as with Samsungs... Still have to try the bios PJ you send, but another brand wanted me to retest some stuff for them

Just tested the same 2800C11 dimms and CPU on the MPOWER board and it works like it should... will retest my PSC dimms on that board too...

I got official word from a GB contact that PSC OCing at 2400 or beyond is out of G.SKILL specs, sigh...

Maybe an idea to only put XMP profile in the bios and leave the RAM dividers hidden... that might be a future solution ... NOT !

@Mbeier and Sin: plz don't start this again, get a room you two or a cage to fight in ! Let's keep this thread to the point... a future BIOS that works fab ! This board has got potential , but we need a decent RAM compatibility fix ! This is not about not wanting to explore the board, the workarounds work sometimes, but creates a situation where some might find themselves uneasy and they will 90% ditch this board for another brand...

Edited by Leeghoofd

Looking at your Corsair Dimms PJ I have my doubts it they are Hynix based. Look at the tRAS, yours can be seriously tightened as with Samsungs... Still have to try the bios PJ you send, but another brand wanted me to retest some stuff for them

Just tested the same 2800C11 dimms and CPU on the MPOWER board and it works like it should... will retest my PSC dimms on that board too...

I got official word from a GB contact that PSC OCing at 2400 or beyond is out of G.SKILL specs, sigh...

Maybe an idea to only put XMP profile in the bios and leave the RAM dividers hidden... that might be a future solution ... NOT !

@Mbeier and Sin: plz don't start this again, get a room you two or a cage to fight in ! Let's keep this thread to the point... a future BIOS that works fab ! This board has got potential , but we need a decent RAM compatibility fix ! This is not about not wanting to explore the board, the workarounds work sometimes, but creates a situation where some might find themselves uneasy and they will 90% ditch this board for another brand...

im working on psc tonight, but a quick test with sammys are encouraging.

first time ive been able to do this...

32mstableslew4_zpsbfd67f68.jpg

set xmp + slew 4 = no 51 and 32m stable. I want to try to push to 2800 before switching to PSC so it might be a day or two before I can put up a pic @ 2600 c8 air (again :P ) as time is limited for me as Ive got other work that I need to knock out first.

SLEW 4 (both) made ALL the difference on this bios.

*edit*

imc wont go above 2780 on air... testing on PSC now. 2600 multi memory works?!? Alby, we might have ourselves a BIOS here! gotta run it through its paces, but its looking goooooooood (so far)

*edit edit*

not enough time to fine tune 32m stability (picked the hardest sticks ive got to work with) but this bios is definitely worth trying out. its got *almost* everything I want. its missing the misc sub menu and its contents like pcie gen switching and legacy benchmark optimization.

quick "relevant" benchmark with PSC

psc3dm11slew2_zps7f82ca6d.jpg

SLEW 2 (both)

treat the psc or samsung like you would on other boards (loose but general target timings for compatibility...)

my findings:

samsungs = slew 4

psc = slew 2

hope this helps.

Marc, (or is it Mark?) Im not trying to troll you or anything and this is a genuine question. Do you have a UP7, and if so, how much have you tested on it? Are you seeing the same results as Leghoofd and I?

Edited by zeneffect

leeg- i think there is a setting needed for 2800c11 samsung from corsair, i can't remember what its call taonad or something off the top of my head. It might be for cas 12 tho, i don't have that kit. hicookie said it would be in public BIOS soon, it is nice of them to add that slew rate across all boards, i just noticed even this Z77X-UP4 has it now.

Hey zen-

here are my results with the same kingston kit:

king266c1c10.png

but i remember it working once we got into the F5 BIOSes, even without slew i can get boot at XMP, i didn't have time to test stability at that, but i wouldn't be surprised if it required a change in slew to be, if that is the case they might be able to program certain kits to do different slew by default, or at least i hope.

max clock was around 2900(max of my CPU, 3 kits all hit this).

this was my

All these results on slew 2, but the strength of the slews seems to change BIOS to BIOS.

Edited by sin0822

cpu multi isnt working with oc keys in f5n. minor issue tbh, ln2 switch works fine and at 63x multi bclk is granular enough to work with.

gear button doesnt light up, but still functions... though it could be my board? bclk from onboard buttons functions as intended.

pcs = good

samsung = good

bbse = good

hynix = good

almost there, just 1 more revision with minor fixes...

Bios F5o has some real improvements. I can post and boot with 2800 devider with G.Skill TridentX 2666C11 (Hynix) 2 × 4 GB kit. I was impossible on air cooling before. But it would need some additional tweaking cause SuperPi 32M show some arrors instead of 1,84 V on DDR3 (1,05 V IMC). Still, first time I run this stick with 2800 MHz devider on air...

scr4jj72.png

i also made this guide to OCing the UP7, provided some timings for those of you who have no idea: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?284359-Z77X-UP7-Performance-Review-and-CPU-and-Memory-Overclocking-Guide

Those timings worked great for me with samsung and hynix.

Also about slew setting, basically try above 1 for samsung and psc, some boards will like higher settings, and some BIOSes will also like higher settings so just try them out.