HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2013 - SC1: 1M Challenge thread.

Dan Jacques

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might seems so, but...

what is the difference between 1220 and 1220 SE? Is it only the TDP/default voltage that differentiate them?

1220 release date is February 2007, while 1220 SE (both F2 and F3) had been released on August 15 2006.

Question is - could cpuz distinguish between both models?

Yes...and HE/SE names are unrelated to what came first etc, SE = performance, HE = High Efficiency

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2452347

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=359632

You're probably right, it should've been disallowed from the very beginning. Too bad it wasn't mentioned in the "forbidden" list, and that nobody noticed this earlier. I would've pulled it right away if so but 2.5 weeks is very little time to actually start looking for more x2 5600+'s. After all, I can't just walk into a store and buy a chip of four, these need to be purchased and shipped from abroad - not to mention they need to be benched. Plus, there is really no difference other than a 0.05v drop in stock voltage between the regular and the SE model. Given it's 89W TDP it's really just an x2 5600+ with an Opteron label on it.

Personally I feel it's a bit too late to start blocking CPU models this late, but I understand if people think I'm just protecting my score when I say these things.

• Crew
bump :D

bump.

Please add Callisto and Heka to the list. These are all Denebs with just one deactivated core. And these were Highend chips because they were all BEs.

When you allow Athlon II budget cpu's with deactivated cache, you should also allow cpu's with deactivated cores. At least this is what makes sense to me.... :)