HWBOT Community Forums

While we're benching it's always fun to submit results on the fly. The problem with that is you need another PC or laptop at hand for submitting results - something that's not always practical. Here's my idea. How many of us have smart phones? Most of us. Why not have an Android and/or iPhone application for submitting results? I find that neither my phone's built-in browser or Opera Mobile work particularly well with the submission page, and I think a dedicated application would be very practical. From a development point of view, it should be a very simple application to write.

I know nothing about smartphones.... what options are there for getting the .jpg or .3dr file onto a running smartphone? Can a smartphone be used like an external hard drive?

Seriously, I like tech, but in most ways i'm a luddite :D

Impatience :D Everyone I've ever benched with has lugged a laptop around or had another computer running to upload on the fly :D It really shouldn't be difficult, the engine is already there so all that the application would need to do is interface with the website really. I reckon 90 % of the coding will be the interface.

I sometimes submit during a session. Usually wait until its done though, and submit at the end of each night.

Wouldn't mind being able to submit on phone, but I need the laptop anyways to look at rankings and plan my takedowns while I'm running. Might as well submit on the lappy.

I wouldn't count Kenny. Doesn't he submit 3 times a year?

He submits every time he doesn't break something :D

Well the application could be used for viewing submissions and rankings as well? I just don't like the feel of HWBOT on a small, touch screen phone, it feels very awkward. It's like comparing browsing the forums on your phone's browser vs TapaTalk.