HWBOT Community Forums

PCMARK Vantage

Nazar

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it should get points... pcmark05 is to easy to manipulate with iram.... the point of PCmark is just that... to bench the WHOLE PC. not your $5000 worth of irams in raid0. which is all most of the top scores are, just plug in 6 irams and away you go. with vantage it moderates that a little bit. just my 2 cents

i think it should get points... pcmark05 is to easy to manipulate with iram.... the point of PCmark is just that... to bench the WHOLE PC. not your $5000 worth of irams in raid0. which is all most of the top scores are, just plug in 6 irams and away you go. with vantage it moderates that a little bit. just my 2 cents

..but you're right mate,I agree ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
PCMVantage is as easy to manipulate with I-Ram as PCM05.

Not quite as easy... pcm05 you just have OS on 7200rpm drive and separate raid0 partition > goto advanced options and select that iram partition as test drive.

With vantage it stresses the OS drive much more, so you have to install vista on iram. And their are a few necessary tricks to getting OS to install on IRAM. Not to mention you can beat iram scores with SSD, or even a large hdd array in vantage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But after some point, more irams won't help, am I right ?

You won't be able to publish your score to ORB, if a lot of irams in raid0 are used ...

BTW, yesterday I spent an hour or so to bench PCMark Vantage ... Nice benchmark, but futuremark indirectly forces you to buy the advanced license :( With the trial key, you can only view your score once :D:(

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I agree it should have some points for PCMark Vantage people are spending just as much time and money to bench as 3DMark.

Concur with Cpt.Planet - In the past year, I have run pcmv over 300x and have invested in six acard 9010s, an areca 1231ml-4GB and a new cascade 2stage primarily for this benchmark.

Wouhd be nice to get some points for PCmark vanatge :)

Yes , I am accord with you , seems to be interesting to consider hwboints with PC Mark Vantage.

Massman , Are there plans to consider it ?

Then I will buy ARECA Card or I am on Waiting !!! ;)

PC Mark Vantage and PC Mark 05 , seems to be performs at high transfer data at HDD.

With SSD the Marks high considerable , I think that the MB/s is increased and performs high result.

With ARECA Card ( Sata Controller ) put it on 3 x SSD on Raid , the Results can be expectacular at PC Mark 05 / PC Mark Vantage.

Regards !!!