HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge October 2010 thread.

El Gappo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That run is still suspect Christian Ney. Lower sub-scores all around than Evocarlos and with a lesser graphics card? Your HDD General usage time is obscured as are your encoding times. Not saying it's a cheat just saying it looks pretty off to me. It's pretty easy to tweak the 1st multi-thread test using Powertoy you know.

i will quote my slef from a post on bt

yeah had tryed a encoder program like power toy about 6months ago and a diffrent encoder but the main thing is hwbot rules apply anything that alters the benchmark defaults or the way it runs is invalid so i just run the stock pcm05 no software mods..

pro also did the program for the encoder it was a pic of a guy in a mankinie

heres what it does to my dally rig

before

CmdCapture2010-07-07165714.png

run the app

CmdCapture2010-07-07165800.png

after

CmdCapture2010-07-07170000.png

its very easy to spot and if you see a ss with the vid encoding score coverd by cpu-z or gpu-z you never know they might be using..

the vid encoding shold be about 75% less than the audio encoding

e.g if audio was 4000 the vid encoding shold be around the 1000 -1200 mark

Edited by Evocarlos

• Crew
:) ahh thats only casue you bought all the 478 cpus and we cant get them in the uk haha j/k :P

tbh i dont have a 478 mobo i actully dont know what is a good one to buy ?

Asus P4C800-E is nice, one of the best.

Only the resolution and quality altering in powertoy is forbidden, am I right? Stuff like priority is OK?

On topic though Christian Ney's run needs be transparent and it's not. If he can reproduce the score AND show the correct sub-scores then fine and well done. If not then it should come down.

Same system and you can see the HDD general usage :

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1063085_christian_ney_pcmark_2005_celeron_lga775_352_10831_marks

Benched few hours before

;)

Edited by Christian Ney

Same system and you can see the HDD general usage :

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1063085_christian_ney_pcmark_2005_celeron_lga775_352_10831_marks

Benched few hours before

;)

That looks right for a Celeron D @ those clocks. There's a big gap between 10,000 and 13,000 boss. So what did you do to get that huge score you submitted that you didn't want to show/us to see?

Same system @ the same clocks and a 3000 point gap? Come on man please post the legit score and keep this competition clean.

That looks right for a Celeron D @ those clocks. There's a big gap between 10,000 and 13,000 boss. So what did you do to get that huge score you submitted that you didn't want to show/us to see?

Same system @ the same clocks and a 3000 point gap? Come on man please post the legit score and keep this competition clean.

not same clock, and celeron is without HT and P4 is with HT.

It wasn't plan to hide the score, I was tired after 63 runs, as the system was unstable I quickly opened cpu-z and gpuz to take a screenshot.

Now, I have seen that I have less sub-scores than evocarlos, so there is something weird here. So I rerun PCMark05 but with 300 mhz FSB, and the score is around 12000 WoW, I thing one of the multithreading test was bugged for my 13000s submissions, as often the audio compressions test was failing, maybe this time he bugged so it gave me higher score.( or an other end test )

=> I am going to remove 13000s score right now.

You all were right, thank you.

Regards ( and sorry for that, I was thinking that when a test was going wrong, it just failed, not bugged )

Edited by Christian Ney
sacores => scores

That run is still suspect Christian Ney. Lower sub-scores all around than Evocarlos and with a lesser graphics card? Your HDD General usage time is obscured as are your encoding times. Not saying it's a cheat just saying it looks pretty off to me. It's pretty easy to tweak the 1st multi-thread test using Powertoy you know.

What is powertoy ?

And how to use a program as PCMark is going to abort tests if you leave his window ?

For me it seems impossible to cheat with PCMark, do you have a proof or a video ?

Edited by Christian Ney

No worries - A64 is just decent if you compare clock-per-clock GPU score performance. The most important part of the Vantage score with this type of CPU is the CPU score and A64 doesn't go high enough.

As I am on air, xD, I have a good PCMark05 and a good 3DMrak Vantage(:D). This OC Challenge is finished for me now. Cannot have better scores. And my team don't care about OC Challenges so.....(shame on them :D)

EDIT : Ho, I forget to said also my Weakest Entry Ever for Wprime32M

Sempron won't take PCMark05. A P4 HT Cedarmill on LN2 will as the Sempron will fall behind in the multithreaded tests. Probably Vantage as well.

I can almost guarantee I'll break 14000 with a P4 Cedarmill before the contest is over.;) I predict 15000 will be broken by someone else.

Edited by OptyTrooper