HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge October 2010 thread.

El Gappo

Sempron should take the P4 in the memory benchmarks, though.
Maybe boss but I just don't think the Sempy has the juice. Someone will crank a Cedarmill up to 8Ghz on LN2 with a 5870, A-card, and some DDr3 @ tight ass timings and take the top spot. Like I said I will break 14000+ by the time this over maybe 15000.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum,

Running PCMrak05 @ 8GHz lol:D.

Want to see

LOL! I won't hit 8Ghz unless I am EXTREMELY lucky. I'll probably hit 7 give or take a few but who knows. I'll say one thing though I won't take the top spot. Too many big guns w too much juice waiting in the wings. For one I can't afford an A-card or a bunch of SSD's. Best I can squeeze out of my i-ram is 185Mb/s which ain't bad but not top tier material.

LOL! I won't hit 8Ghz unless I am EXTREMELY lucky. I'll probably hit 7 give or take a few but who knows. I'll say one thing though I won't take the top spot. Too many big guns w too much juice waiting in the wings. For one I can't afford an A-card or a bunch of SSD's. Best I can squeeze out of my i-ram is 185Mb/s which ain't bad but not top tier material.

Look him,

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1063397_remiko_pcmark_2005_sempron_145_11933_marks

only one OCZ Vertex 2 ( he has got 200 MB/s, I have got only Vertex 1 ( indilix barefoot ), Vertex 2 is with Sandforce. And the Vertex 2 40GB is cheap.

RemiKo is using a Vertex 2 PRO drive - this is not your regular Vertex 2. It's much more expensive and much faster. I tried regular Vertex 2 60 GB - it did around 90 MB/s in XP Startup.

Thank for the news, I was planning to buy the vertex 2, but accordingto the web, perfomance are the same with the pro, seems there is something with firmware.

EDIT : 5 of my ocz vertex are back to the store. Maybe an ocz revodrive 50GB would be good. I am not good with SSDs :D, do you know what it can expect with one revodrive on windows startup ? (imo ~ 275mo/s like two Vertex 2 in RAID )

Edited by Christian Ney

I'm very interested to see how the Vantage thing will pan out. I'm not sure having 4 GPUs will even help; if the CPU bottleneck is too big, it's possible that 2 GPUs would be enough.
haha.. great way to clear out benching questions somebody is interested in. Pieter, now I know what is this contest for -))

Anyway from now I'm totally sure that even 5,6+ GHz Sempron is not a pair for TOP VGAs at all. Some slight improvements are possible by picking up the less CPU-depending cards and/or additional overclocking but nobody will be able to get much more than has already been done.

This is a bad run:http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1069759_stevero_pcmark_2005_celeron_lga775_440_13807_marks Those HDD scores are WAY off!

Actually its not.......see my comment in his result if you have any questions.

Sometimes its best to look before leaping.

5 acards stacked, looks like he's "warming up" ( :P massman loves that phrase )......only looks like 2 are on for that run ;)

Edited by chew*

Doesn't matter chew. There's a 220mb/s limit period not just for XP start up the only reason it's specified is that it's the most visible. If that's not so then I can run HDD general usage off a "soft" RAM DISK and jump above 13000 pts myself.

If were going to not hold the participants to the ORB guidelines say the word and let's have a free for all. Break out the powertoy and browser of your choice kids and let's get it on.

Edited by OptyTrooper

Doesn't matter chew. There's a 220mb/s limit period not just for XP start up the only reason it's specified is that it's the most visible. If that's not so then I can run HDD general usage off a "soft" RAM DISK and jump above 13000 pts myself.

If were going to not hold the participants to the ORB guidelines say the word and let's have a free for all. Break out the powertoy and browser of your choice kids and let's get it on.

IE is still faster than them all if thats the case ;)

But yah i'm not playing this round. Don't have the correct hardware.

I dunno ask massman, I think the cap is for Xp startup only mate, and software ram drives are illegal even the mere suggestion of using one is not something I would be doing, hardware ram drives are fine.

I guess you want to contest this result to, and this one and this one......seems hwbot is not banning scores...........bottom line reason is it's done with "real hardware" not in software.

http://www.hwbot.org/community/submission/1064101_adw_2010_pcmark05_team_pcmark_2005_core_i7_980x_38080_marks

http://www.hwbot.org/community/submission/1063063_pro_pcmark_2005_core_i7_980x_36198_marks

http://www.hwbot.org/community/submission/1059805_stevero_pcmark_2005_core_i7_980x_35511_marks

Edited by chew*

Motherboard bug alert.

Biostar TA785GE 128M

Basically with a specific bios, umm check Elgappos result, its same bios. ( 07/01/2010 )

Boot stock defaults.

Install biostar T clock utility.

Reboot.

Run fsb up in windows with utility from default 200 to 205 bus apply and congrats you have just killed your sempron 140.

Tested on 2 cpu's so yes its confirmed, any takers to try on other model cpu's be my guest, i'm straight having killed 2 cpu's testing bug.

Edited by chew*

motherboard Bug Alert.

Biostar Ta785ge 128m

Basically With A Specific Bios, Umm Check Elgappos Result, Its Same Bios. ( 07/01/2010 )

Boot Stock Defaults.

Install Biostar T Clock Utility.

Reboot.

Run Fsb Up In Windows With Utility From Default 200 To 205 Bus Apply And Congrats You Have Just Killed Your Sempron 140.

Tested On 2 Cpu's So Yes Its Confirmed, Any Takers To Try On Other Model Cpu's Be My Guest, I'm Straight Having Killed 2 Cpu's Testing Bug.

Rma :D;)

Edited by Christian Ney

Motherboard bug alert.

Biostar TA785GE 128M

Basically with a specific bios, umm check Elgappos result, its same bios. ( 07/01/2010 )

Boot stock defaults.

Install biostar T clock utility.

Reboot.

Run fsb up in windows with utility from default 200 to 205 bus apply and congrats you have just killed your sempron 140.

Tested on 2 cpu's so yes its confirmed, any takers to try on other model cpu's be my guest, i'm straight having killed 2 cpu's testing bug.

WOW unlucky, I couldn't even get toverclocker to work, just showed 0mhz for everything...

Will let the bios guy know tomorrow.. Thanks for the heads up.

Wondering why only my memory controller suffered now...

________

MARIJUANA INDICA

Edited by El Gappo

Rma :D;)

Had I never oced cpu ever , I might be inclined to.

Was actually prepping to run vantage on a 480 and was lazy so used software in windows to calculate scaling.

Having killed it I swapped in a dud sempron.

Same exact thing.

I'm used to it this week by now, can't wait till sunday is over, bad luck week for me. Stars are not alligned in my favor.

$2000 in hardware deaths, not a happy camper.

Edited by chew*