HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge October 2010 thread.

El Gappo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can never get pc mark to give me a final score. the cpu tests never finish. I have the encoder installed and the pcmark patch. What is happening? this is the free version. I run into this every time I run it regardless of system im benching. is there a trick to this? No wonder I have no pc mark benches listed on the orb. I never got it to work.

I can never get pc mark to give me a final score. the cpu tests never finish. I have the encoder installed and the pcmark patch. What is happening? this is the free version. I run into this every time I run it regardless of system im benching. is there a trick to this? No wonder I have no pc mark benches listed on the orb. I never got it to work.

Can you show us the details window that we can see which test failed.

I have a question.

I'm guessing it may not be allowed but I'll ask it anyway.

I have a dual CPU Socket A board and of course a pair of CPU's for it, both being native single core chips. Since there would be no unlocking involved or use of a chip with more than a single core, could this be considered legal?

I know even this may not do so well but still, it would be fun to see how it stacks up anyway. Just one of those "For the hell of it" attempts if allowed.

Not allowed.

Thanks for the reply.

Since this seemed to fit the rules at the time, wanted to be sure before I did anything.

The idea is to have a single core system and OC the crap out of it..

Believe I can manage that one well enough.

wiggle ur mouse during the xp start up it will get rig of the .3xx for you

Thx, I was still using CrystalDiskMark to reduce the test @ 220MB/s, but it's rare to have 220Mb/s, very often 230Mb/s.

Anyway I am going to have a ''rules ok'' result ASAP

EDIT : Even a better result than Evocarlos :D, back to the lead (of stage 1 :D)

Edited by Christian Ney

That run is still suspect Christian Ney. Lower sub-scores all around than Evocarlos and with a lesser graphics card? Your HDD General usage time is obscured as are your encoding times. Not saying it's a cheat just saying it looks pretty off to me. It's pretty easy to tweak the 1st multi-thread test using Powertoy you know.

Edited by OptyTrooper

That run is still suspect Christian Ney. Lower sub-scores all around than Evocarlos and with a lesser graphics card? Your HDD General usage time is obscured as are your encoding times. Not saying it's a cheat just saying it looks pretty off to me. It's pretty easy to tweak the 1st multi-thread test using Powertoy you know.

Nothing like calling a spade a spade, is there? :D