HWBOT Community Forums

Suggestion to (more) clearly define the overclocker types

The reason why I, personally, don't want to go into Elite as that, on paper, will put me in the same category with 8-Pack, AndreYang and the like, with whom I simply cannot compete financially.

Getting into Top 10 in Extreme can be done with way less than a GTX780Ti costs if you're patient and manage your resources well enough.

Edited by TaPaKaH

The reason why I, personally, don't want to go into Elite as that, on paper, will put me in the same category with 8-Pack, AndreYang and the like, with whom I simply cannot compete financially.

Getting into Top 10 in Extreme can be done with way less than a GTX780Ti costs if you're patient and manage your resources well enough.

Well spoken. Same reason for a lot of people. :celebration:

This ^^

+ There are quite a few people in the extreme league in my team and it is really those that I want to be competing with on paper.

There are current gen ES sold on ebay at the moment - we make exceptions for that? I mean, you're not a pro if you have a paypal account and some spare $$$. I guess receiving ES from HQ or other sources counts as sponsorship anyway. In that sense there is no actual need to have ES regulations.

I don't mind being listed as a professional, but it just feels strange that I will be because I spent some money on ebay on these new 16 core chips (or is Warsaw the real current gen and Abu Dhabi is last gen? I don't have Warsaw chips at the moment.)

We can't tell if you bought the CPU or recieved it as a sample. So I'd say no exceptions for this rule.

Apart from the receipt thing it would be based on trust. However, the rest of the system is also based on trust (level of sponsorship), so why not let that apply to the ES part of the game, too? I can easily show ebay documents regarding the possibly current gen ES's I own. That SHOULD be a valid exception, as ebay chips are not seeded - they're sold. "Anyone" can buy them :)