HWBOT Community Forums

Intel XTU is driving me mad

I don't dubt that Intel XTU bench seems to be the fastest way to determine stability of overclocked CPU. So far, so good.

But when it come to submiting the scores to HWbot, then there is what I hit a wall. First, there is no obvious "SAVE" of the score. I hate benchmarks that require net connection, but when I connected the cables, then I got:

intel_XTU_no_score_submit.jpg

...that I must have more modern CPU to use the online submitting score!

i5 750 Lynnfield did not seems to suffice, witch is kinda weird. Maybe because I disabled some of the CPU extras...?

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=108321

None of the settings looks like that it can be responsible:

Intel EIST - IMHO off, because this is not NTB that need baterry support and I want always full clock

Intel C-State - IMHO off, because conserving the energy is not the speed goal

C State package limit Setting - IMHO off, because I did not want any regulations

C1E Support - IMHO off, because sky is the limit and I don't want any other limits there

OverSpeed Protection - IMHO off, even MSI recommend that for OC

Execute Bit Support - I leaved this on, but speed wise off is better, no?

Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3 - IMHO off, because who cares about old systems when overclocking, right?

Intel Virtualization Tech - IMHO off for speed?

Intel VT-d - IMHO off for speed?

So then I focused on how to actually SAVE the score, because HWbot require the datafile.

And I got "This profile is not eligible for upload.":

intel_XTU_no_profile_export.jpg

...when I trying to upload it.

And when I try export it:

intel_XTU_no_profile_save.jpg

"This profile is not eligible for export."

This is insane. What I doing wrong, why Intel XTU does NOT want the score to be exported at all?!?!

It is nothing Earthshaking, in fact, it just show the overheating problem:

xtu_95_degrees_temps_435_score.jpg

There is one simple answer:

You just can submit XTU scores with Sandy Bridge and up.

Everything below Sandy Bridge just generates a score but cant be uploaded to HWbot. Stupid? Yes, 100% agree....

The reason for the platform requirement is the hardware/bios profile that is attached to the result. When you're uploaded a benchmark result, you are actually uploading an XTU profile with a benchmark score attached to it.

The problem is that the platform characteristic for pre-SB and post-SB architectures vastly differs. Because it differs, it's not possible to create an XTU profile with these architectures. And without a profile, it's not possible to submit a score.

Note that versions of XTU before Haswell never had a benchmarks score integrated and that the integration efforts were part of the Haswell launch strategy.

Grrrr, vrrrrrr...!

Not cool that XTU is limited for the Sandy Bridge and up CPU's. Talking about SuperPi, well, many of the SuperPi benches are screenshot verified only, so maybe should be XTU possible to submit with "just" screenshot too?

After all, faking the heat and cores load won't be easy and there highest scores won't be achieved on pre-Sandy Bridges CPU's anyway, so it might should be possible to submit the score this way, when the Intel developers suxx balls so badly... I understand that they want us to get never and never CPU's, but sadly I'm lucky to get even my i5 750 Lynnfield.

BTW, speaking about Prime tests... the HWbot prime in the Jar archive really need Java? I mean... Java is a plague of security holes and fails, so I cannot recomment anyone to install it... and I did not have it installed anyway. There is probably ATM no other way to get HWbot Prime working w/o Java, right?

BTW, speaking about Prime tests... the HWbot prime in the Jar archive really need Java? I mean... Java is a plague of security holes and fails, so I cannot recomment anyone to install it... and I did not have it installed anyway. There is probably ATM no other way to get HWbot Prime working w/o Java, right?

You're confusing java applets (browser plugin) with java desktop apps. The browser plugin has security issues (like any other browser plugin), the runtime is safe to use. Yes you really need a java runtime to run HWBOT Prime... or run HWBOT Prime for Android, but then you are basically also running a (modified) java runtime.

We used java because we were lacking a decent cross platform benchmark. SuperPi: windows x86 only. HWBOT Prime: Windows, Linux x86, Linux ARM, Mac, Chrome OS, Android, ...

So, what is the result of the checking, Antinomy? :)

I sill believe that it should not be a problem to submit an screenshot of Intel XTU to get the score registred. Maybe not for WR or something, but i5 is a CPU too, damned. (typing this on P4 anyway, as my bad cooling is rebuilded)