HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI - SuperPI on the GPU

_mat_

You dont lol.

:mad:

I've just tested a freshly compiled 64 bit version of GPUPI 2.1 and it's as fast as GPUPI 1.2 Beta. I will include it in the release! :)

:);)

You dont lol.

With OpenCL for Intel CPU , yes , it works perfectly ... run run run GPU PI 2.0 for CPU on Nvidia card system .... :banana:

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Yeah, I can see that happening too. You can't do a run on the GPU and submit under the CPU category because you have an Intel CPU.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

As it is throwing up an invalid result whilst being overclocked, the overclock isn't stable enough.

Of course overclocking is allowed, that's what HWBOT is all about! :D

screenshot

Its allowed.

But if its not a stable overclock for this bench, then the run will fail.

Its same as the "Not in Round error" people get on Super Pi when pushing memory.

Lower the frequency a little bit & it will pass. Sometimes you get lucky & are able to get the bench pass at a frequency that was previously unstable.

Anything i can check for when running gpu 1b test?

Sometimes it is valid, other times it finishes but reports invalid. Same settings on my end.

Watch your GPU temps. I just finished benching another round of 1B with my R9 290X and if my temp went above a certain temperature before the test finished I'd get an invalid result. I wait for the GPU to drop down to around 36C before I run 1B because it finishes before the GPU gets above 65C and bellow that temp 1203/1634 is stable but above that it starts making calculation errors.

BTW what's the policy on using different GPUs in parallel? because I have 260X and HD 5850 available for use.

BTW what's the policy on using different GPUs in parallel? because I have 260X and HD 5850 available for use.

You can combine any two cards, the result will be ranked in the stronger card category.

For example if you run

290X & 7970, the result will be counted as 2 290Xs.

Actually I can see, how the first case wouldn't work.

A simple algo would pick the newer card as the faster one & rank the results accordingly.

But what if someone ran a 7970 & a 260.

The 260 is newer, so the algo would rank the results as 2 x 260, but the 7970 is actually faster.

Hmnn.

The super asymmetrical setups (260 with a 6970 for example) could just all be ranked by the number of GPUs used and not eligible for hardware points. I just want to use the R9 290X + R7 260X + 5850 setup because I want to get global points I don't care about hardware points with a setup as bizarre as that.