HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI - SuperPI on the GPU

_mat_

Hi !

We (2 teammates and me) can't submit any datafile.

By automatic upload (with/without one/both skips detection), error message that datafile is maybe corrupted,

By manual uploading, invalid datafile.

I join you my log with a Parse-like Exception.

After taking a look, my datafile is encoded in ANSI. As Hwbot is asking for UTF-8,i tried to reencode with npp++ butwithout success.

++

Edited by Taloken

Seems to be a problem with the encoding of your special windows version: Microsoft Windows*7 Édition Familiale Premium

I will look into it today.

Don't bother doing anything to the data files, they are encrypted and submitted with an encrypted checksum. You can't change anything in these files. ;)

What makes you think that they are helping?

Look at those clockspeeds.

There is no way that those score are possible at those speeds.

Plus in the past I have seen results in 3Dmark Benchs such as Firestrike where the person was running on a single GPU & had other dormant in the system. That gave they a boost in points, which wouldn't be there if it was the sole GPU installed in the system.

I'd do a practical test instead of just theory, but I don't have more than 1 290X.

Maybe you can get if confirmed with someone else with multiple GPUs.

Edit:- Also Hwbot could just ask the guy to reproduce the results with only a single GPU in the system, if he can, then its legit. If not, then my theory is correct.

Edited by rtsurfer

Seems to be a problem with the encoding of your special windows version: Microsoft Windows*7 Édition Familiale Premium

I will look into it today.

Don't bother doing anything to the data files, they are encrypted and submitted with an encrypted checksum. You can't change anything in these files. ;)

Ok thx ! I ask other members for their log file to help you find a general case issue ;)

mat first of all this is a great benchmark. I really like it :) Nice work!

I noticed something during the last two days. After the calculation is over you get the "Calculation done" pop-up window. Same as running normal SuperPi32m I kept the extra window open and clicked on "Submit to HWBot", saved the result and ran again. After the bench was over the "Calculation done" window came up and I wanted to save but after clicking on "Submit to HWBot" nothing happened. I had to close the "Calculation done" window first before I could save the result.

rtsurfer, newlife: It's impossible that the other cards are helping in any way if they are not part of the calculation. There is a slim chance for a bug (there always is), but I doubt it because it's a very basic functionality. It's much more likely to be something else like a tweak or a very good combination of parameters and driver, I honestly don't know. The moderation should ask for more proof like a video or an explanation.

Roman, thanks for your feedback. Very much appreciated!

It's fine to close the popup before submission, I actually implemented it this way. But you are right, people would expect it to work the same way as in SuperPi where the popup had to be part of the screenshot. I will add the possibility to submit with an opened popup in the next version.

COMIAS, your exotic Windows versions are the problem indeed. "Microsoft Windows*7 Édition Intégrale" ... ;)

This will be fixed with GPUPI 2.1.1, a minor bugfix release coming in the next few days (as soon as possible).

Edited by _mat_