HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE BIG XTU Challenge Round 1: Z97 2 cores thread.

stubass

• 3 weeks later...
  • Crew
pro tip, score as low as you can in current stage

Damn that last one drove me crazy. Managed to get 81.77Mhz but result didnt lower. Relaxing Ram timings resulted in "benchmarking process has failed" also the same with playing with Clock Modulation.

What was we supposed to hit in last one?

Damn that last one drove me crazy. Managed to get 81.77Mhz but result didnt lower. Relaxing Ram timings resulted in "benchmarking process has failed" also the same with playing with Clock Modulation.

What was we supposed to hit in last one?

put it this way, keep trying :D

• Crew
Why not run several programs at once guys :)

That was the first thing I thought of but running a second program side by side is crashing the benchmark process. You really have to extremely reduce bclk and tweak to steal some cpu cycles with programs without letting XTU crash. Taking into account that one run takes up to one hour this was for sure the hardest stage of the competition.

• 1 month later...
  • Crew
Fastest submission time per stage tie:

Yup, this was it what I talked about. Really wondered how I could win that stage. I knew that Coldest made his entries earlier than me. Though, I didnt understand the rules correctly. I always thought in case of a tie, submission in first stage would determine who wins.

Anyway, thx Gigabyte for this great Competition.