HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROG OC Showdown Extreme Series Round 2 thread.

Dancop

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your answer Websmile. Pardon my ignorance but are you a member of the HWBot staff? I put some effort into this competition, I would not like to get disqualified because of an FM link error or because of a wrong SI version :)

Therefore I would appreciate a comfirmation from the staff, If you are, then it's ok! :)

• Administrators

I help out a bit, I already gave CN a heads up but guess he is too busy - on sys info, you can be sure that 4.34 has to be used though, you will have to rebench like nearly all people who submitted for stage 2

Edit your submission is invalid anyway, please read the rules page and not only the rules that are near stage submission site -

Stage 2: 3DMark Fire Strike Physics

Must provide verification screenshot including 3DMark score window, CPU, Motherboard, Memory, and SPD information.

Compare link required.

System Info 4.34 installed and enabled.

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

Indeed, it can cause confusion but reading both can´t hurt - this is why I try to check results at least once or twice before competition is ended so people can rebench after checking reason for removal and read rules again. Blame Asus and Massman on this, I don´t create rules and don´t make layout for comp design and info :D

Edited by websmile

Can’t change series from one Round to the other. (in the rule )

Please explain me this rule ...

Round 1 : i have participated Formula serie Round 1

Round 2 : Asus invite me to participate in extreme League for the second Round

Asus said me : u can participate extreme serie round 2 ....

And the rule say reverse !

i don't understand Sorry !

I think it was said before, scores with time error won't be accepted, especially in contests.

Where was it said? How come the rules are sooooo blurry?

I'm using W7 64b, I don't get why sometimes I have this error, even on aircooling with rockstable frequencies.

Someone from the HWBot staff told me Time measurement is ok on W7, Websmile linked a post where it is also said that it is ok, and now you are saying that it is not?

Come on.... :D

Where was it said? How come the rules are sooooo blurry?

I'm using W7 64b, I don't get why sometimes I have this error, even on aircooling with rockstable frequencies.

Someone from the HWBot staff told me Time measurement is ok on W7, Websmile linked a post where it is also said that it is ok, and now you are saying that it is not?

Come on.... :D

Yeah for 7 is "ok", but remember it's a competition. For people not aware of, you can trick Win7's timer as well.

It's Pieter's call, I for one will not be checking the scores so your result is safe :)

The timer issue is only a problem for Windows 8. Windows 7 is fine.

Can’t change series from one Round to the other. (in the rule )

Please explain me this rule ...

Round 1 : i have participated Formula serie Round 1

Round 2 : Asus invite me to participate in extreme League for the second Round

Asus said me : u can participate extreme serie round 2 ....

And the rule say reverse !

i don't understand Sorry !

Hehe, that's because you went from Enthusiast/Novice to Extreme League beween the rounds. The Formula series is only for the guys who never done extreme cooling.

So you can join the Extreme series, no problem.

• Administrators

I made a last check before final check after comp is over, please check your scores tomorrow if they are still there, and if your score was removed, please check the main rules and the stage rules again :)

• Administrators
Why my score on Stage 2 (Firestrike Physics) wa remove ?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2849639_zwitterion93_3dmark_fire_strike_physics_core_i7_4770k_17240_marks

Thank you

Hardware

Must use commercially / retail available components. Engineering samples are not allowed.

Kingston HyperX 2666c10 is not retail ;) - please read the rules, the mems you used were never retail and are ES only binned for HOT by Kingston, they were never sold at shops