HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROG OC Showdown Extreme Series Round 2 thread.

Dancop

• Administrators

You are welcome, the check was made a couple of days before comp ends to give everyone the chance to rebench for example if problems occur. It is much better to get a heads up when you have a chance to correct things - small advice, please make new system picture with the tridentx to avoid possible irritations, this should help to make things bullet proof :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xtreme Addict's results that were removed from the competition (under investigation due to wrong system picture) are now back in the competition:

- There is nothing wrong apart from the system picture.

- In the sytem pictures there is only the motherboard that doesn't match the screenshots.

- Additional information was asked and provided promptly.

- It wasn't a last minute submission.

- Scores were submited to moderation after submission for approval and were approved. Not enough attention was paid to the system picture.

- No modification to the submissions themselves have been made after the end of the competition.

So the rules are here, written twice but no need to follow it? Seems nice, I'll remember this for the next comp :)

I am 100% sure that if someone else would have done this, he would have been kicked... Where is equality? What's the purpose of the rules?

#OneMoreHWbotFail

Edited by Strat

Shep did not follow one rule by mistake. XA did not follow one rule by mistake. The verification of both results is not accurate.

Then why it is OK for XA and not for Shep?

Impartiality, integrity, equality... Do you know the meaning of those words?

How can we promote OC and competitions when stuff like this happen so often?

• Crew

Okay we have to set some stuff straight here:

Is there any discrepancy in the scores and affiliated screenshots that Michal did? Was there a mistake in CPU-Z tabs, background? Even a buggy benchmark result? Don't think so. The screenshots of the score is 200% legit.

My dear friend Myth the screenshots are correct. Don't mistake this with a picture of the setup plz. Your fellow country man 2Shep indeed made a mistake by forgetting the background. Makes him human, though for all competitions it is a requirement for verification as you could have done e.g. a similar score before or even someone else could have done it. Was that back than a reason to block. Too bad for 2Shep yes it was.

Remark two: Is there any doubt XA doesn't own that particular hardware set? I know that he has more 6 and 7 series ASUS motherboards than some OC clans. You can grab a picture of particular hardware setup by just googling it. A screenshot of a benchmark score including background is something totally different.

I fear we are entering a new era. What seems to be the latest trend in competitive Ocing? If you can't beat them report them? If you want to win, guys beat his score, don't start these arguments about inequality,... It is not true, we are all here on free will and try to keep it as objective and transparent as possible.

There's equality here, I see no harm done by this action to keep XA's score. It has nothing to do with being friends or being subjective. The scores are there and are 100% done in a legit way. The validity of the setup picture is open. Does it need to be a running/working setup? Do we need to see extra proof, e.g. making a selfie with your setup in the background to prove it's you benching ? Is the next step live streaming so we moderators can forget about our daily job and household?

Egalité Liberté Fraternité and something more, nuff said. If you want to add something more, plz add me on Facebook for more endless discussions

Any way, Rules are rules for every one, If picture is useless remove it.

Another for background, who never have a a resize of background or pass to black one after changing resolution or whatever.

Maybe background was behind benchmark who can know.

It's exactly the same thing, Rules are write, some are kick for Wrong background, Wrong Benchmark version, Wrong System Info, Es memory, ES CPU...

Like you says some change the score and can be better, some not. But stay the things RULES ARE RULES !

And Websmile confim it for Zwitt : " small advice, please make new system picture with the tridentx to avoid possible irritations, this should help to make things bullet proof :)"

After i know complaint from somebody can't beat you always happen, but if you follow Rules, it's just haters, but if you don't, it's your fault and not the haters.

And didn't told me, i didn't know what i say, i take all the place : OCer, Judge and Organisation of MOA EU live.

Leeghoofd, the point is only that the rules must be followed by everyone. XA can prove that he has the hardware... Ok that's great. Shep can also prove that he did the score for the MOA and not before. Background does not change the validity of a score, as per the picture.

As I said on FB, I don't care about prizes, I have never benched for prizes. I just bench because I enjoy doing this. I really don't give a **** about the R5E or the M7F, I don't need them, and I don't need money.

XA is a very strong OCer, everybody know that, no need to prove it. The argument "if you can't beat them, report them" is non sense here. I don't care if he beats me, I like challenge and I don't mind finishing behind someone better than me.

Once again it is all about THE RULES and how they are applied by HWBot staff. This rule is crystal clear : System picture must be of the system during the benchmark. This is also a part of our job to follow the rules (e.g. : take picture of the setup while running, not forget CPU-Z tab and so on...).

The SI rule was very confusing, I had to rebench for stage 2 but well, it's ok, as I said, it's a part of our job.

By acting like this too many time, HWBot alread lost its credibility...

How can we enjoy and promote overclocking/competition under these conditions? We need fairplay for EVERYBODY....

I'm 100% agree with strat : You can love XA, or hate him, but everyone know he is one of the best OCer. He join every live contest and always have good result. The point is not XA cheat or not, no one said this. I think his result are both legit, the thing is rules are rules. If picture are not important, then didn't ask for it...

Your removed many screen from my team mate, even some that fullyfill rule, and keep other that don't. It seems unfair for us, and of the story. Dancop is first, I didn't report his score. There is NO shame to loose if someone is better than you. So please stop saying it's only report because we didn't "win". Just apply same level of rule for everyone, then it will be ok

Leeghoofd I've nothing against you nor against XA. Yes Shep is my country mate as Wizerty or strategosan. I didn't participate at this contest. It's just that when there a rules, i like that rules are really applied, in the rules there is set that "All submissions must include a picture of their rig (MB, VGA, memory, CPU cooler during use)", XA decided to submit his scores the last day ok but I doesn't fit the rules so it won't be valide for me, this is XA scores but even if it were Shep or Wiz or Strat result it would have been the same, THE RULES !!!!!! I know that XA is a great clocker okay, I never said I is a cheater, he scored very well but he doesn't respect the rules for the screen of the rig.......

Now you have validated his scores OK, this is a case law, I hope in the future competition, if anybody put a wrong picture of the rig you would also validate the result ou even bannish the rules of the picture of the rig because it's a useless rules because it's not appilcated.

I will add you on facebook.

Hello everyone :)

I am disappointed but not surprised.

I made a mistake for not respecting the rules for stage 2 (bad information system) while I'm on Windows 7 and as said above about seven Pietter it poses no worries.

I respect the rules and I agree but when I see this, I just tell myself that this is not correct for the other participants ..

it really does not change much but at least you my perspective.