HWBOT Community Forums

Windows 10 is allowed ?

Guest Ximi

• Administrators

As far as I can say, preliminary, win 10 is equal to win8 use, so if win 8 is allowed under certain circumstances, win 10 should be allowed as well. Please wait for final confirmation before you waste time and bench hard though, I think there will soon be an offical statement on this :)

Ok , thanks for reply and consider it , i am waiting since published official statment.

29 of July W10 its launched officialy.

• 3 weeks later...
ofc it is enabled by default but it is not by default the default/main timer
It could depend on the hardware/drivers that are installed, like it is the case for Windows 7.

On my system it was enabled by default and used as the primary timer by QueryPerformanceCounter().

Desktop with Haswell-E and Windows 8 install with upgrade to 8.1.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, because we can not rely on any Windows version that QPC is handled by the HPET. The same goes for Windows 7, but we can rely on RTC there, which can not be skewed. That problem only exists in W8.

Has anybody tried RTC on Windows 10? I assume it has the same problems as 8, but we should test it. If Microsoft solved the problem, depending on the timer used, a few benchmarks could be allowed. And GPUPI can fallback on RTC as well.

Edit: My copy is currently on its way, I will test it as soon as I've installed it.

Desktop with Haswell-E and Windows 8 install with upgrade to 8.1.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, because we can not rely on any Windows version that QPC is handled by the HPET. The same goes for Windows 7, but we can rely on RTC there, which can not be skewed. That problem only exists in W8.

Has anybody tried RTC on Windows 10? I assume it has the same problems as 8, but we should test it. If Microsoft solved the problem, depending on the timer used, a few benchmarks could be allowed. And GPUPI can fallback on RTC as well.

Edit: My copy is currently on its way, I will test it as soon as I've installed it.

It uses a software + hardware combination for clocks, however, I have not tested the fact that manipulating the bClock or FSB interferes with time sensitive applications like benchmarks.

The HPET testing program I built is going to be incorporated into my CPU Thread Benchmark program though. It operates off of QPC / QPF and shouldn't be prone to BCLOCK or FSB manipulation.

We are also going to work with Massman for HWBOT integration soon too. We plan on fully supporting Win Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.